DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Pro

Yeo HongPoh

Reactions
Now I had a very sad incident yesterday.
I lost my 6 months old Mavic.on way flying returning home.
after DJIGO4 indicated RC strong interference.
next movement my phone blackout. so I activated RT on my RC. After regaining display. I saw drone stops in midway. estimated was about 300 ft. away from the TF point. maintain good GPS with 15 satellite on.
then I lost control again. My RC cannot maneuver the drone. I also lost the location of my drone and no sight at all in the sky. I tried to relink with my drone from DJIgo4 also failed.
I made many attempts to restart DJIgo4 and relink with Mavic.
DJIGO4 relink prompt me to press relink bottom on the drone. how can I press the drone when it was flying in the air? I pressed the buttons at the bottom of the RC. hopping it will reconnect but doesn't help.
Both the battery on drone and RC were fully charged before taking off.
I can't do anything but just to let my Mavic consume up the battery and crash landing.
I retrieve my flight record and locate the last location of the drone. but was unable to find.
I lost my drone now. Still under warranty. what shall I do next?

Now I had a very sad incident yesterday.
I lost my 6 months old Mavic.on way flying returning home.
after DJIGO4 indicated RC strong interference.
next movement my phone blackout. so I activated RT on my RC. After regaining display. I saw drone stops in midway. estimated was about 300 ft. away from the TF point. maintain good GPS with 15 satellite on.
then I lost control again. My RC cannot maneuver the drone. I also lost the location of my drone and no sight at all in the sky. I tried to relink with my drone from DJIgo4 also failed.
I made many attempts to restart DJIgo4 and relink with Mavic.
DJIGO4 relink prompt me to press relink bottom on the drone. how can I press the drone when it was flying in the air? I pressed the buttons at the bottom of the RC. hopping it will reconnect but doesn't help.
Both the battery on drone and RC were fully charged before taking off.
I can't do anything but just to let my Mavic consume up the battery and crash landing.
I retrieve my flight record and locate the last location of the drone. but was unable to find.
I lost my drone now. Still under warranty. what shall I do next?
I feel your pain. I lost my Mavic 2 Pro recently in a dangerous location. It drifted into a rock bluff never to be seen again after falling 85 ft. into the water.
I also have had trouble a couple of times with the DJI Go 4 app shutting down unexpectedly while flying in dangerous places. Screen went black, then a notice showed on the screen of my controller that the app was closing down. Controller batteries and drone batteries were both charged above 50%.Both times, I had VLOS so I was able to land the craft without damage.

Firstly, sorry for your loss. There is nothing quite like that feeling in the gut when your AC crashes or goes missing. In this case, @sar104 has an excellent track record of deciphering logs and narrowing down a search area.
...My RC cannot maneuver the drone...
I know that this does not help now, but if the "RC cannot maneuver the drone", it seems more like the RC to AC connection was lost (or the RC froze up). In that case the RC display should just show "Connecting" (or something like that) and no telemetry data. Then RTH should start depending on its settings. While that is happening you can try restarting the RC to reestablish connection and control. Connection is confirmed when you have telemetry data showing on the RC display. Go 4 is not needed to fly so you can ignore it until you have control again.
...DJIGO4 relink prompt me to press relink bottom on the drone. how can I press the drone when it was flying in the air?...
That relink prompt is confusing to me and seems out of place for this scenario.
...I also have had trouble a couple of times with the DJI Go 4 app shutting down unexpectedly while flying in dangerous places. Screen went black, then a notice showed on the screen of my controller that the app was closing down. Controller batteries and drone batteries were both charged above 50%.Both times, I had VLOS so I was able to land the craft without damage.
You could also push the RC pause button to stop the AC (providing you had GPS reception) and restart Go 4 or/and the device that was running it.

Are you using the Smart Controller? If so then the restart procedure may be different.

Here is my 2 cents on screen disconnects. Will be flying a M2P a year come April. I often experienced display screen disconnects, fortunately I had VLOS and 12+ GPS connections. My M2P would hover while I reconnected to GO 4 app. My solution was buy a tablet with 4 GB of RAM, a short high quality USB to C cable. Don't clog it up with junk app and put phone or tablet in Airplane Mode. Haven't experienced a single disconnect since. Sorry I can't help with why your bird went down.

Reactions: Airbeaver
If I put my phone in Airplan mode. how about the GPS transmission? wifi transmission? is it only the RC responsible for GPS transmission? Does the device no need the use of wifi? these are all I had been in doubt till now.
Can I just buy a tablet? not a phone. and just load DJIGO4 without our app. to confuse the device.

If I put my phone in Airplan mode. how about the GPS transmission? wifi transmission? is it only the RC responsible for GPS transmission? Does the device no need the use of wifi? these are all I had been in doubt till now.
Can I just buy a tablet? not a phone. and just load DJIGO4 without our app. to confuse the device.

I'm sorry, but I'm not teaching you a class in the fundamentals of flying these things. You would know all of this stuff from the instruction manuals if you could be bothered to read them. And until you have done that, and understood them, I really recommend that you don't touch a drone again.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Your phone or tablet is just a display. You only need internet/wifi to check for updates. While flying I don't want my tablet doing anything else.

And all of this is covered in user manual. Try reading it!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ