DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic Update Video

Thekidd76

Reactions
I can't find the original thread, but I had sent someone here looking for help from @sar104 from FB. He started a thread, updated his logs and sar104 helped guide his search and he found the drone. He posted this video on FB about the flight and subsequent search so I thought it would be interesting to post. I can tell you the conditions that lead to the drone being lost are definitely ones I wouldn't be flying in. Not sure what the subliminal messaging on the soundtrack is all about..lol..but the video was interesting to see the flight conditions.

Wow! If seeing that storm wall coming does not scream Get Down Now!! I don't know what does. I fly in the Seattle area and will occasionally pop up and look around for approaching rain squalls.

That was pretty spectacular. I had no idea when I did the flight analysis that he was flying in that kind of weather. Even more remarkable that the aircraft survived those conditions, both while airborne and after it landed.

I can't find the original thread, but I had sent someone here looking for help from @sar104 from FB. He started a thread, updated his logs and sar104 helped guide his search and he found the drone. He posted this video on FB about the flight and subsequent search so I thought it would be interesting to post. I can tell you the conditions that lead to the drone being lost are definitely ones I wouldn't be flying in. Not sure what the subliminal messaging on the soundtrack is all about..lol..but the video was interesting to see the flight conditions.

sar104 is really smart! He says that it’s nothing but he’s a wonder! He helped me find my drone too! I’m glad you found it! Another drone found thanks to sar104! Keep up the good work!

I lost my drone due to bad weather too. I learned my lesson on taking my drone off in magnetically interfered areas a checking weather.

That was a very fast moving storm! He indicates that he learned the lesson to check the forecast. Well , yes that would help but if it is unexpected and sudden the time he spent looking at the storm phenomenon could have been much better spent dropping altitude very quickly. I would have clicked into Sport Mode immediately and left stick down while contemplating pulling them both down and in.

Thats the thing with charts and graphs. They dont really illustrate what ferocious weather that the Mavic may be flying in.

That guy owes SAR104 a sixer! Actually a 12 'er! LOL

So many lessons in that flight video and before. Wind conditions are important. RTH settings.. Using RTH.. Sport mode..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000