DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Mavic while using Litchi app on Android, can't find flight log

stonesmaster

Reactions
I lost my Mavic yesterday while using Litchi app on android to take a panorama. It drifted a couple thousand feet while it was taking the panorama in low light conditions. Once I realized it drifted, I pushed the pause button on the controller and then the return to home button. It acted like it was returning but the the distance was not decreasing. I tried to fly it manually home but the distance also didn't decrease. All of a sudden it said panorama complete. The controller then said disconnected and I lost total control of the drone. I tried to disconnect and reconnect the phone from the controller but this didn't help. After I was past the time the battery would have run out, I used the find my aircraft button in Litchi and it showed it was over a hill from where I was and from where I originally started the panorama. Afterwards I looked on my phone for a flight log and I didn't find any matching flight log. The last flight log in the Litchi app folder was from two weeks ago and I have had many drone flights using this device. I had recently started logging my flights using HealthyDrones on a different phone, so I looked at that website and it only had incomplete logs from flights earlier on the day I lost the drone when I was using a different device as controller. I looked at the device I was using when I lost the drone and I hadn't configured the sync with HealthyDrones which explains why the log was not posted there.

Today, I hiked to the location where Litchi reported under "find my aircraft" and along the expected flight path if it attempted to fly home. Unfortunately, it was in a densely forested area with lots of underbrush on a very steep hillside. I pretty much covered the area by foot but didn't find my drone.

I'm not sure why I can't find my flightlog. Any ideas? Also, what is the location where Litchi reports with "find my aircraft"? I assume it is the location where the controller had last contact with the drone. I have set for the drone to return to home with disconnect which is why I searched the return path.

The Litchi CSV log files are stored on your mobile device in "LitchiApp/flightlogs".

The Litchi CSV log files are stored on your mobile device in "LitchiApp/flightlogs".

That is the folder where I found the flight logs from a couple weeks ago but nothing more recent despite many flights since then.

Have you restarted your mobile device after you made your recent flights? If not, try that. New files are sometimes not accessible on Android devices until the device is restarted. If the logs are still not there after restarting, then you might want to reach out to Litchi support for help tracking them down.