DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my AIR 2 S on a boat

exitant87

Reactions
So I have a 2 year DJI Care Refresh plan.... But for some reason my account isn't showing any of my flight records... Why that might be I don't know... I was flying my drone while on a large moving yaught. I was filming for a client of mine... Anyways I went to land it and it crashed on the side of the boat and landed in the Sea... Will DJI Replace this? I already made a claim with the Care Refresh. I have to wait 72 hours. I have a feeling they are going to say no but I am curious on what you guys think... I am so mad about losing my Air 2 s :(

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
Is your Care Refresh still within the 2 year time period?
If you didn't recover it my guess is that it would be treated the same as a flyaway.
What kind of response did you get from DJI?
Assuming within the 2 years what is the price listed on DJI Care Refresh for a flyaway. I think the cost for the first year is $499 replacement.

Hey Dave!
Thanks for the reply! I just bought the Air 2 s on Monday and got the 2 year care refresh the next day, So I am well within the 2 years. I realllly hope they replace it :\ I use it for work on a regular basis :\ I was using the Mini 2 before I bought the air 2 s

I just did a CareRefresh plus for my Air 2s--tree encounter. I needed to submit a purchase receipt. Replacement shipped 1 day after receipt by DJI. The cost of CareRefresh was so worth it.
I don't think flight records show on DJI. If they need data they can get it from your flight log txt files which you would need to retrieve from your phone.

I just did a CareRefresh plus for my Air 2s--tree encounter. I needed to submit a purchase receipt. Replacement shipped 1 day after receipt by DJI. The cost of CareRefresh was so worth it.
Well I am so glad I have proof of the receipt. I bought my air 2 s from Best Buy. Thanks again Dave! How long did it take them to reply to your claim after you submitted it?

Response was immediate to just send it back and DJI provided the UPS shipping label. I suspect the wait may have to do with no drone to send back.
Did you apply directly from the CareRefresh we page? As part of the process it asked for the receipt which I uploaded. It was all automatic. I didn't do any emails or ask questions--just submitted from the CareRefrsh site.

Reactions: Dbez1
I made the claim tonight. Maybe its a slower process on the weekends and I have to wait until monday? This is what it says...
Service solution to be determined
We are determining the service solution for your case. Please wait.

Again, thanks for all your help!

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
Did you pay for flyaway with CareRefresh? Only way it covers a nonrecoverable craft. Good luck, let us know to help others.

Flyaway not incl originally but hope that cost lower than without.

It may be different in other countries, but in the US, I do not see anyway to purchase Care Refresh without fly away. It comes with it. I just checked again specifically on a 2 year plan on a 2S as the OP has (that I also have).

I purchased Care Refresh on my Air 2 before they announced they were creating fly away coverage in June of 2021 and then they added it to all the active plans for free when they announced they were starting fly away coverage. There was no separate or additional charge, every plan got it.

Reactions: Capt KO
Replacement shipped 1 day after receipt by DJI.
Wait what? When I needed to use care refresh, I had to send the drone for them to receive it and replace it.
You can just send the proof of purchase and they will send you the new one?
Interesting...

Crazy I hit a fishing line in Corpus Christie, TX and my 2s got tangled up and dropped in the ocean. Lucky the dude fishing brought it up and untangled it. Took a week to send, dji analyzed it and I paid my refresh bill and got my replacement. Total took a week.

Reactions: Capt KO
So I have a 2 year DJI Care Refresh plan.... But for some reason my account isn't showing any of my flight records... Why that might be I don't know... I was flying my drone while on a large moving yaught. I was filming for a client of mine... Anyways I went to land it and it crashed on the side of the boat and landed in the Sea... Will DJI Replace this? I already made a claim with the Care Refresh. I have to wait 72 hours. I have a feeling they are going to say no but I am curious on what you guys think... I am so mad about losing my Air 2 s :(
When your filming for clients , they can get really upset when you loose the footage , I would recommend you consider getting the Rescue Jacket for the Air 2S and save yourself the Grief and the Frustration for the clients taking out big boats.

Rescue Jacket

Gear to Float your Air 2S
Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
When your filming for clients , they can get really upset when you loose the footage , I would recommend you consider getting the Rescue Jacket for the Air 2S and save yourself the Grief and the Frustration for the clients taking out big boats.

Rescue Jacket

Gear to Float your Air 2S
Phantomrain.org
Don'tcha hate that. Almost back then.... Love my jacket

Thanks. My last was on my Air2. Never used
Hey Capt, just ordered an Air 2s, I've been flying a P4p for years, never had DJI Care Refresh, never crashed. Is there anything unique to this bird that I should consider it. I know there are no side sensors, so in the some of the active track or POI modes you have to be careful, other than that, It may be a waste of money. I'm thinking about getting it for 1 year.

Hey Capt, just ordered an Air 2s, I've been flying a P4p for years, never had DJI Care Refresh, never crashed. Is there anything unique to this bird that I should consider it. I know there are no side sensors, so in the some of the active track or POI modes you have to be careful, other than that, It may be a waste of money. I'm thinking about getting it for 1 year.
For me, getting a brand new model is worth a year of insurance. Had on my Mini 1 and A2 but never used. It made the learning curve more comfortable...and fun. I also came from Phantoms, only 1 accident in years..self inflicted of course. Good luck

I fly over water a lot so used a retrieval float to be able to return it for Refresh. Probably the main reason I purchased it.

Hey Dave!
Thanks for the reply! I just bought the Air 2 s on Monday and got the 2 year care refresh the next day, So I am well within the 2 years. I realllly hope they replace it :\ I use it for work on a regular basis :\ I was using the Mini 2 before I bought the air 2 s
Exit -

how did it go? I am in the same situation. lost in lake on flight # 3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun