DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost my Mavic Pro in Wurzburg Germany. Now Recovered! Thanks all

Hc_Wolf

Reactions
Lost my Mavic Pro in Wurzburg Germany.

Hi, I was on a cruise and my drone lost connection while flying. At the point it went into auto pilot to return to home, it hit a spire on a building and fell down. By the time I got to the location I could not find it.

I thought it was on the roof. But when I got up there it was not there. I have accurate footage of where it was last on map and I saw the video as it hit and started to fall.

Now I see my Find My Drone says it is in Shenzhen China at an address location and then also at a park near by.

Does this mean someone stole it and is now using it in China? I had my name and number printed inside battery area.

If not, does anyone live in Wurzberg Germany and want to locate my drone on a roof with their drone?

I can provide pics of exact location in Wurzburg and also supposed use in Shenzhen.

Cheers,

Hi Wolf,

I'm not too far from you. I have a Mavic which I'm just learning to use.I could probably come to Wurzburg next weekend and have a look if you haven't found it by then.

best regards
Terry Kidd

Can you access the flight log for that flight? Mine has a habit of saying it is in a park in shenzen!

This was mine the other week fortunately it was sat on the table in front of me!
Screenshot_2017-09-16-13-11-44.png

Can you access the flight log for that flight? Mine has a habit of saying it is in a park in shenzen!

This was mine the other week fortunately it was sat on the table in front of me!
View attachment 22990
Hahaha yes, that is where mine is saying it is now. Good so it is not stolen and most likely still on the roof.

So here is the last known position of the drone. I saw a glimpse of camera footage a second before it hit. I guess the obstacle avoiding did not work.

So if someone can find and retrieve it I would gladly give a reward for its return. It has all my holidays footage on. It

Attachments

• 2017-08-28 16.29.33.png
    2017-08-28 16.29.33.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 119
  • 2017-08-28 16.37.07.png
    2017-08-28 16.37.07.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 119
  • 2017-08-28 18.28.54.png
    2017-08-28 18.28.54.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 123
How did you look on the roof? If that position is correct it kindof looks like it hit the chimney poor the apex of the roof so it could be wedged above the chimney stack or the gutter lowerdown. Looking at photos of the building on google earth there was a spire with a cross on it over the other side of the cortyard almost in its path but the spire nearest your crash site is well below the actual roof line.

Exactly, I suspect it clipped the spire and has tumbled to the left and dropped backwards to the lower roof line (grey roof) and is down in that section. The upper red roof line has wooden boards along the edge to trap snow, I could not see it against that from the ground, so I can only assume it fell into that section.

I did have someone apparently get up and out on that right most turret to look. But as I was not there I am not 100% sure they got out in a good viewing position at all.

So just where in Würzburg is the castle? Ah Festung Marienberg. You'd better PM me where you launched from :)

Ich habe deine Drohne gefunden!
The camera is gone but otherwise it seems intact. More when I get home.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAS666
So, a glorious autumn day in Bavaria. I took my drone along but I decided to do a little ground reconaisance first.

There's a museum in that corner of the castle above a resteraunt. I decided to see if I could see onto that grey section of the roof and within the museum I found a guy who opened a few windows for me. I tried to get up to a higher floor and had another look but there was no drone to be seen.

Eventually, after wandering around outside and studying google maps I realised there were two terraces attached to the resteraunt. The smaller, half round one on the south side was full of people but there's another on the east side. I told a waiter what I wanted and he let me out on the east terrace. He said something to the effect that it would have been found out here as this terrace was normally used. He then disapeared and then another guy, the manager appeared with your drone.

It's got a label on it saying, Gefunden auf die Fürsten Terrass 29.8.17 (Found on the Princess' terrace.) That whole corner is the princes bit so I've no idea whether thats the circular terrace or the long terrace
Ich have deine Drohne gefunden. The camera is gone but otherwise it seems intact. More when I get home.

Reactions: spankdog
Your Mavic is on it's way down under. Nicely packed by the packing Dept here at Airbus so it shouldn't take any more damage. The lady at DHL says you should have it in 11 days.

Reactions: jomk and MrsTreat
Your Mavic is on it's way down under. Nicely packed by the packing Dept here at Airbus so it shouldn't take any more damage. The lady at DHL says you should have it in 11 days.
Wow! You are awesome. Let me know the shipping costs and I will refund you. Also if there is a nice restaurant or something in your city let me know.

Successful retrieval of a lost Drone. BIG THANKS to JetexJim for going to the crash site and finding the drone for me. He then packaged it and sent it all the way back to Australia where I just got it today.

Thanks for the international help. I hope all you other pilots with lost drones have a JetexJim in your area also.

Reward is on its way to JetexJim.

Safe Flying everyone!

box3.jpg

Whoa, I'm glad it made it!

You are very welcome Wolf. BTW, I was impressed by the videos you took, you've done more with your Mavic than I've done with mine.

Obviously the camera's gone and the battery was quite beat up. I do hope you can get it back in the air.

cheers
JJ

Reactions: MrsTreat
Thanks Hc_Wolf I got your card and funds today!

Let us know how you get on getting your Mavic back in the air.

Dropbox - FlyingFox2.0.mp4

here is a short video with my rebuilt Mavic Pro. Thanks JetexJim for finding it and shipping it back to me in Australia. Short video link above. I need to re calibrate the new camera to slow movement. But th little guy can fly.

Thanks to this website also for providing a platform for communication

Hc_Wolf

Reactions: JetexJim
Nice video. Thanks for posting. I'm glad you got that little one in the air again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MacPilot55