DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Reactions
The drone is lost as now, I need the exact final location of it to get it back. The drone was connected and controlled only by the Remote controller when lost. If somebody has the software which helps to get the info from the Black box of the remote control and what I have to do step by step, that s what I need. Since the black box content is not visible and can t be saved to the computer and in this case needed a software, some people did this and familiar with this. Thanks a lot

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online at the link @Simmo posted above. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Appreciate the responses. The only thing that my phone/app wasn t connected, only the RC, that s why I need to get the final location out from the RC. And I need a software which extracts the Black box info, for some reason mine not visible and can t be saved. I ve heard some people have a software and with that is relatively easy. Thanks again

Appreciate the responses. The only thing that my phone/app wasn t connected, only the RC, that s why I need to get the final location out from the RC. And I need a software which extracts the Black box info, for some reason mine not visible and can t be saved. I ve heard some people have a software and with that is relatively easy. Thanks again

Oh, that sucks mate, can’t help you with that, but probably others can. Good luck!

Ahh ok. To my knowledge, nothing is recorded in the RC. The Black box data you speak of is in the AC. I dont think there is anything you can do. @msinger will know more I'm sure.

Appreciate the answers. The RC has a black box, I don t know what the AC stands for? There must be something, which records location, when the phone is not connected, and only the RC controls the drone.

Reactions: Atty mavic pilot
well... that seems pretty risky to fly without a mobile device. Flying purely with RC, you would want to fly within visual line of sight. Without a mobile device, once you lose sight of it, you won't know the orientation of the AC, unless you plan to rely on RTH to get it back. You don't even know the status of the AC and whether home point is recorded without a mobile device.
But good luck finding it. If you had last recorded distance from AC on your RC, I suppose you can search around the radius from where you were standing.

Ahh ok. To my knowledge, nothing is recorded in the RC. The Black box data you speak of is in the AC. I dont think there is anything you can do. @msinger will know more I'm sure.

I stand corrected as I was totally wrong! There is data in the Controller Black Box, However Keule is correct as the data is encrypted.

Reactions: MavicCF
Appreciate all the responses. Yes, good points all and getting closer. I tracked down the video and found the software, downloaded, unfortunately that is for windows (exe file) and I use mac. Likely call DJI on Monday and ask for a mac version. I need the exact location, I tried to scan the radius, where I thought it is, right now I m not even positive that it s there. Maybe crashed, maybe tried to RTH, but landed somewhere else, would it be possible the last ? I take off always with the RTH activated/marked. Surely, didn t come back to the same location where I took off. To big the area to find without exact location. I took off with the AC having the iphone connected, only the app crashed shortly and couldn't reconnect the app, so I don t have useful final location info of the AC. The only useful info what we can work with is on the RC or the satellites. The last one would be nice, they connect with the drone, but to get final location....., they are like non existent, tabu, Dji can t use that.

Well I have finally the Black box content, and these are the files. The fatal.log can be useful. I need anybody, who is familiar what to do next. And I can go out and find my drone. Appreciate
Looks like mryeje had a similar experience. How can I bring his attention to this topic ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 10.48.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 10.48.52 PM.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member