DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Photos in between videos / where to put so card

Lionfish

Reactions
Howdy .,
Tonight I was out with my m2z watching the sun go down .
I took a few short videos and in between I took some photos.
Then back home I fired up my smart controller, I had installed a good sd card into the controller at pre-flight , all was good .
Now I can find my movies but no photos .
I checked both the card and controller for the pictures but no luck.

Where did I go wrong ??, I obviously confused both myself and my operation of my drone .

With the controller having a hole for an Sd card and an other hole in the Mavic which hole do I use ? , or do I use two cards ? .

I appreciate any answers anyone can give ,

Thanks .

As pointed out in previous post, card needs to be in the drone, not the SC. That slot is for downloading the low res images that "are" stored on the controller, as they are on a iPhone etc. These images are low res, I never use them. They will eventually start to fill up the Ram on the SC and thus need to be flushed.

The high res jpg/raw files or high res video, could not be transmitted through the air way to big in size. So they are kept on the drone (either on the SC card you use or the built in Ram on the drone (8GB which is not very much).

I use SD slot on the SC is for uploading data (firmware, programs etc.) and pulling data off the SC.

Paul C

Reactions: Lionfish
As pointed out in previous post, card needs to be in the drone, not the SC. That slot is for downloading the low res images that "are" stored on the controller, as they are on a iPhone etc. These images are low res, I never use them. They will eventually start to fill up the Ram on the SC and thus need to be flushed.

The high res jpg/raw files or high res video, could not be transmitted through the air way to big in size. So they are kept on the drone (either on the SC card you use or the built in Ram on the drone (8GB which is not very much).

I use SD slot on the SC is for uploading data (firmware, programs etc.) and pulling data off the SC.

Paul C

Paul C
Hi Paul , I apologize for not picking up on the sd card position.
I have not been around the DJI methodology , I’m learning and getting there but slowly.
You have helped me before on SC things , so I really appreciate your knowledge and your time to help me out .
I have already fed the mavic with a new memory card and there it shall stay .
Well thanks again , I really do appreciate it .

One last thought , it’s good to get answers but way better when they come with an explanation as you do .
Stay safe.

No need to apologize, at all. I am sorry if I sounded harsh. This forum has been an excellent source of information for me so more than happy to help out when I can.

If you are doing more video than stills I would start with 64GB cards. I mainly use 32GB as I am more stills than video focused. And I tend to pull the card after each flight and swap it with a new one just in case something happens on the next flight.

Paul C

Not to confuse the issue but you can also download the full resolution pictures and videos from the drone to an sdcard in the Smart Controller. There's that right pointing triangle under the shutter button. Pressing that allows previews. When previewing you get another icon that allows downloading from the drone to the SC's card. You can do it while in flight (not advised for longer/larger videos) and pictures. Pictures transfer relatively quickly. Videos can take MINUTES. The transfer also takes power.

I went out flying yesterday and took video and pictures to start to practice my editing. Got home and the SD in the drone was empty. Nothing on it at all. In my cache I had lo res vids and pics. I format the card after each use and I know the storage location was set to SD but zilch. The drone, MA2, also had no files. The only thing I had done differently was to sign up to AirData but i didnt think this should affect it.
Any ideas where I have gone wrong.
Thx

I've never experienced this type of mishap on either m2pro or m2zoom with SC.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143