DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost Signal, aircraft landed, but can't find it!

Marisa

Reactions
Hello. I was flying the aircraft today and suddenly the signal got weak and finally lost. RTH was activated and received a message she landed, but cannot find it near the home point. I have uploaded the flight records, but obviously not possible to have further info once the signal was lost. I thought that considering it's been confirmed she landed, there might be a way to track this? Any help really appreciated.
Attached flight log.IMG_4057.JPG IMG_4058 (1).JPG

The image of your flight log is too small to really read very well. Can't tell what was going on. Did you try "Find My Drone" in Go 4? Since you lost signal, it may not be helpful. If you can post the actual flight log file here, there are several people who can analyze it and probably help. Since it initiated RTH (are you sure?) it could be somewhere along a straight line between the home point and last reported location.

Reactions: joejoseph
I thought these things would automatically return home when signal was lost...
I gotta quit flying over the highways then...

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

No, I am afraid to fly mine over the highway in case it decides to do what yours did

No, I am afraid to fly mine over the highway in case it decides to do what yours did

At best it's more the likely user error. If you don't know what your drone will do in the event of disconnection or low battery, you should probably keep her close for a while before letting her lose on the world.

This site is chocked full of these stories, was it set to Land, Hover or Return on disconnection? Low Battery is the same.

Follow msingers advice and upload the logs ASAP before someone else finds your drone.

Rob

The image of your flight log is too small to really read very well. Can't tell what was going on. Did you try "Find My Drone" in Go 4? Since you lost signal, it may not be helpful. If you can post the actual flight log file here, there are several people who can analyze it and probably help. Since it initiated RTH (are you sure?) it could be somewhere along a straight line between the home point and last reported location.

Yes, I did try "Find My Drone", but strangely it is pointing to a spot which was a previous flight earlier. I've been there, but no sign of the aircraft. Here are the files again with a better resolution. Hope this could give a hint as to know what happened. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.JPG
    IMG_4057.JPG
    268 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_4058.JPG
    IMG_4058.JPG
    393.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
There is 3 options for when you loose connection with your drone .
1. It returned to home at the altitude you set. Most of the time setting an hight enough altitude is enough for regaining controle . be advise that your drone need GPS to returne to home so if you loose GPS and signal. I got no idea what your drone would do in that case...
2. You can set it to land.
3. You can set it to over. Usefull if you plan on filming under bridge or any kind of overhead obstruction. If you do not regain connection the drone would eventually land when it is arount 10%battery left.

If you drone was set to land i would have hurry in the direction you lost it and try regain connection but now your best bet should be to go on the map where you lost signal.

Good luck on your research.

Reactions: silver1 and Soft7
Thanks, msinger, really appreciated. This is the image I get from the flight record until the signal was lost. Not sure this is what you kindly asked for.
Please upload your TXT flight log here. You'll find instructions for locating your flight log at that link.

Please upload your TXT flight log here. You'll find instructions for locating your flight log at that link.

Sorry, msinger, I misread your post. I see now I should have uploaded the txt files, so here they are attached.
What puzzles me is that "Find My Drone" shows a position of a previous fly away a couple of hours before, so if that information is correct, she did not register as home the new starting point. Is it possible that DJI may have the actual position of the aircraft, do you think? Really, I do not know what to do next... Thanks.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu