DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal ma2

Steel63

Reactions
Hello everyone i was flying my ma2 yesterday evening was fine and then i lost signal screen went dark for about 30. Seconds i was still able to control the drone flew backwards about 50 feet. and reconnect there was nothing in line of sight aney one else have this problem

Hello everyone i was flying my ma2 yesterday evening was fine and then i lost signal screen went dark for about 30. Seconds i was still able to control the drone flew backwards about 50 feet. and reconnect there was nothing in line of sight aney one else have this problem

Hey everyone this is my first post and I came on because I’ve been having the same issue as Steel. Bro It happened to me 3 days ago and freaked me out and my Mavic 2 was literally 2 miles away in heavy foliage on a perimeter check of some property. I literally raced to its last location and searched through razor grass for 2 hours only to find it when I got home where it left from. Happened to me several times since then.

This is where I have info. I TOTALLY believe it’s the App because I’ve found that I can still fly it blind. yesterday I looked at the controller itself and and could see the distance, RPMs and everything. I literally turned drone a little at a time and flew forward till I could see the distance was decreasing and flew back as it was a mile away again up
In the mountains. So I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts as well to help us out!

Thanks

Hey everyone this is my first post and I came on because I’ve been having the same issue as Steel. Bro It happened to me 3 days ago and freaked me out and my Mavic 2 was literally 2 miles away in heavy foliage on a perimeter check of some property. I literally raced to its last location and searched through razor grass for 2 hours only to find it when I got home where it left from. Happened to me several times since then.

This is where I have info. I TOTALLY believe it’s the App because I’ve found that I can still fly it blind. yesterday I looked at the controller itself and and could see the distance, RPMs and everything. I literally turned drone a little at a time and flew forward till I could see the distance was decreasing and flew back as it was a mile away again up
In the mountains. So I’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts as well to help us out!

Thanks

sorry but I forgot. I also closed app a couple times and reopened which is ( Mod Removed)unnerving but when I reopened app it was as if all was well. Couple other times it didn’t work and just went to the“connect drone”screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Control signals are totally separate from video downloads. You always loose video download long before control is lost.

Hey Steel, Jus talked to my friend who is a computer programmer And he without a doubt it’s the connector cable. Something about the HD signal being finicky. He said to spend the money and use a high quality cable. He gave me a cable to use and I’ve made 2 Long flights with no issues. For the first time it showed me a yellow weak signal warning. Since installing my 4hawks extender I’ve never had that. Would go from green (Great Signal) to BOOM BLACKOUT. I’ll keep flying and see. Hope it helps u out

Hey Steel, Jus talked to my friend who is a computer programmer And he without a doubt it’s the connector cable. Something about the HD signal being finicky. He said to spend the money and use a high quality cable. He gave me a cable to use and I’ve made 2 Long flights with no issues. For the first time it showed me a yellow weak signal warning. Since installing my 4hawks extender I’ve never had that. Would go from green (Great Signal) to BOOM BLACKOUT. I’ll keep flying and see. Hope it helps u out
I was only 300 yards out when it discounted also there were no trees or obstacles in the way it just lost signal

Ware can i purchase one thanks

Ware can i purchase one thanks

dunno what u have in Florida but go to a reputable Electronics store and jus ask them. I’d buy the best cause i hate the feeling i get when that screen does black. But Atleast I’m comfortable with it now as it jus returns home. Keep me posted brutha and I hope it works out

Thanks
Why not wait for RTH?

Why not wait for RTH?
Because last thing I saw was the red “Obstacle avoidance” alert them nothing. Also i had the exact same thing happen when I was teaching my friends son to fly and he crashed it. Also I still had 18 minutes of battery left so I was hoping to be able to see it’s lights flashing or something

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Because last thing I saw was the red “Obstacle avoidance” alert them nothing. Also i had the exact same thing happen when I was teaching my friends son to fly and he crashed it. Also I still had 18 minutes of battery left so I was hoping to be able to see it’s lights flashing or something
Understood. I probably would have just waited a few minutes at least, just to see, but that's me.

Understood. I probably would have just waited a few minutes at least, just to see, but that's me.
Your totally correct but I’ve only been flying drones for 2 months lol. Now I’m totally fine with jus shutting down app and waiting for it to come home. You have all the experience and know better hahahha
thanks

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Your totally correct but I’ve only been flying drones for 2 months lol. Now I’m totally fine with jus shutting down app and waiting for it to come home. You have all the experience and know better hahahha
thanks
Hey man, there is always something to learn...

I cracked a blade yesterday while landing. Now I'm having gimbal issues. Hoping a recal will fix it.

Anything can happen, at any time. Keeping these things in the air is a delicate balance that takes only the smallest variable for things to go haywires.

Reactions: HunterKiller
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929