DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Lost signal procedure while filming scenic video

Jeffdj

Reactions
On a perfect Autumn day I flew around the Nut at Stanley. I noticed a runabout heading back around the Nut and decided to see if I could catch it to add a bit of depth to the video. Usually you get a notice if the signal strength starts to weaken, but this time as I rounded the Nut signal was suddenly lost and I had a black screen. What seemed like ages all I could see was a black screen when suddenly there was the rocky side of the Nut up close. The Mavic 2 Zoom was undertaking an automatic go home procedure which is a straight line back to home point! Before I could take control again, the Mavic headed closer to the rock face and then carefully negotiated its way around the obstacle. I then took control and finished the journey learning a few lessons from the experience. Thank goodness that DJI's technology worked a treat.

Awesome. I like the way it's programmed to back up a little to reduce the risk of a tailwind driving it into the obstacle while figures out the next move.

On a perfect Autumn day I flew around the Nut at Stanley. I noticed a runabout heading back around the Nut and decided to see if I could catch it to add a bit of depth to the video. Usually you get a notice if the signal strength starts to weaken, but this time as I rounded the Nut signal was suddenly lost and I had a black screen. What seemed like ages all I could see was a black screen when suddenly there was the rocky side of the Nut up close. The Mavic 2 Zoom was undertaking an automatic go home procedure which is a straight line back to home point! Before I could take control again, the Mavic headed closer to the rock face and then carefully negotiated its way around the obstacle. I then took control and finished the journey learning a few lessons from the experience. Thank goodness that DJI's technology worked a treat.
Great work by the drone to do what you will always hope that it will do in this situation. Glad you had a happy ending ??

It must have been the Tasmanian devil that did that!

The obstacle avoidance technology is amazing. I have never turned mine off, and I never will.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143