DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lots of problems after Updateding the Go 4 app and firmware

jorda04

Reactions
Hallo all,

I am very new to this Forum and need some help.

I have a Mavic and a Samsung J3 phone that I use with the drone, its been flying like a dream, well until I was prompted to update to the latest version with the app and also the firmware on the drone.

Well after the updates, (app, firmware, no fly zone) well all that could be updated the signal keeps dropping to my phone, I contacted DJI help desk and they suggested I must re-pair my controller to the drone, I did that but without any success, It keeps on loosing signal every few seconds. They informed me that my cell phone does not function with the new version, well I can not get the old version back so now I cant fly.

Any help?
I have already broken one prop dew to this video feed that stops but drone keeps going forward, I am very unhappy with this and DJI only say they are sorry but the developers only suggest one of the supporting phones :-( even if I explained I have many many flights without any problems until the upgrade.

Reactions: dRone33r
It's too late now.....this is why I'm still on the oldest FW and having very little to non issue w/ my MP.
Chk this out....Mavic destroyed with update
I'm pretty sure that someone w/ more experienced will chime in.....GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Reactions: dRone33r
I am experiencing the opposite situation. I stayed with the .700 versions because of reported problems with updates. My Tab A would work but not well. I would have to restart the tablet to to connect, the video would sometimes lag, and the map stopped working. I just figured it was my underpowered tablet.

I got tired of messing with it, decided to update everything including the tablet firmware, and it all works perfectly! Go 4 connects quickly, there is no video lag, the maps work (after downloading offline map) and I have access to the latest features. It is actually a joy to fly again.

I am experiencing the opposite situation. I stayed with the .700 versions because of reported problems with updates. My Tab A would work but not well. I would have to restart the tablet to to connect, the video would sometimes lag, and the map stopped working. I just figured it was my underpowered tablet.

I got tired of messing with it, decided to update everything including the tablet firmware, and it all works perfectly! Go 4 connects quickly, there is no video lag, the maps work (after downloading offline map) and I have access to the latest features. It is actually a joy to fly again.

Using a tablet?

Using a tablet?
Samsung Tab A tablet.
I am experiencing the opposite situation...
Update: I got to fly during the ten minutes it was not raining and my lagging video was back. I checked and found that Go 4 got updated from 4.1.15 to 4.1.18. It still loads quicker and the Here map works but the video feed lagged so much it was unusable. Hopefully I will be able to fly today and see if it continues. I will probably have to figure out how to get the 4.1.15 version of Go 4 back on my tablet and then make sure I have it in airplane mode before I start Go 4.

Does anyone know how to prevent Go 4 updates?

Update: I got to fly during the ten minutes it was not raining and my lagging video was back. I checked and found that Go 4 got updated from 4.1.15 to 4.1.18. It still loads quicker and the Here map works but the video feed lagged so much it was unusable. Hopefully I will be able to fly today and see if it continues. I will probably have to figure out how to get the 4.1.15 version of Go 4 back on my tablet and then make sure I have it in airplane mode before I start Go 4.
Update V2: Rain stopped, got to fly, video problems persisted. Disconnected and reconnected the cable as suggested in other threads with no effect.

I just downgraded to Go 4 v 4.1.15 and all is right with the world again. No more lagging video, Here maps working, fast loading, no complaints. I have turned off auto-update on the tablet so, hopefully, I will not be beta-testing any more Go 4 versions (optimistic, ain't I:)).

Update V2: Rain stopped, got to fly, video problems persisted. Disconnected and reconnected the cable as suggested in other threads with no effect.

I just downgraded to Go 4 v 4.1.15 and all is right with the world again. No more lagging video, Here maps working, fast loading, no complaints. I have turned off auto-update on the tablet so, hopefully, I will not be beta-testing any more Go 4 versions (optimistic, ain't I:)).

Yes, I did the same but, the latest/greatest we will not have i.e. pano.. At Least, I have my Nexus7 back, operationally correct as far as I can tell. I notice the program does not open automatically any loner but guess that's the least of it all

Yes, I did the same but, the latest/greatest we will not have i.e. pano.. At Least, I have my Nexus7 back, operationally correct as far as I can tell. I notice the program does not open automatically any loner but guess that's the least of it all
Regarding pano, Microsoft has a free program called Image Composite Editor that does a pretty good job of making a panorama from photos and video. It can be downloaded here: Download Image Composite Editor (64 bit) from Official Microsoft Download Center. Of course, it is a Windows program so you Apple folks will either need emulate Windows or find another solution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61