DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loud pipes save lives

Stealthbomber

Reactions
I’ve read many a post about the Mavic Air being too loud and the dislike. I sorta like the loudness. Makes it sound like its got power (Which it does). I can listen and hear it coming from a distance when RTH. I don’t understand the big deal. Maybe guys flying somewhere illegal would be an issue i.e. over someone’s private property, over people, backyard snooping maybe.
I personally don’t care if the drone gets attention when im flying, which im always legal (almost ?). So whats the problem?

I’ve read many a post about the Mavic Air being too loud and the dislike. I sorta like the loudness. Makes it sound like its got power (Which it does). I can listen and hear it coming from a distance when RTH. I don’t understand the big deal. Maybe guys flying somewhere illegal would be an issue i.e. over someone’s private property, over people, backyard snooping maybe.
I personally don’t care if the drone gets attention when im flying, which im always legal (almost ?). So whats the problem?
You are maybe among those with bad hearing??

My biggest issue with the noise wasn't that it was loud, but that it was annoyingly loud since it had a rather high-pitched whine to it. The MAS props remedied that for me and I find the noise perfectly acceptable now. It also feels like the noise level drops faster over distance. I don't necessarily mind people noticing the drone while I'm flying, but I also don't want to disturb anyone while I'm out enjoying my hobby (at least to the best of my ability; some people can't be helped). If I'm out at a park enjoying the outdoors and flying, I don't want to ruin someone else's time because they have a constant high-pitched buzz in the sky. I prefer to avoid confrontation while I'm up in the air.

how great is this thread two sides to every story and both right, keep up the good work

Reactions: hiflyer201
829585a1068a863e3ce1f39d90905c9e.gif

Totally understand your viewpoint! The biggest complaint we hear though is the noise makes filming special moments (weddings, family reunions, etc.) tough for pilots. Not saying you should be flying over events and people, but even at a safe distance it can be disturbing and most people (and animals) don't want it around.

Reactions: Gindra
Funny post really considering your username @Stealthbomber :)

Really it’s more about just keeping your flying life simple and free of the types that are simply paranoid, no matter how legal YOU know you are, and / or just don’t like to see others enjoying their hobby.
Thankful I’ve never had to worry about this (yet), but then I fly with extreme caution / consideration for others, AND 8331 props on the M1P ;)
It’s so stealthy and I’m so glad.

how great is this thread two sides to every story and both right, keep up the good work
While hiking a beautiful trail I unfurled my Mavic Air and took off to do a video of the mountain scenery. As I was bringing back home and landing, two young men coming up the trail yelled at me about the drone saying, it scared them because they thought it was a cloud of bees! I am on the side of those who feel it is annoyingly loud before it gets far enough away to dampen the sound. In taking off and in landing, is when the loudness disturbs most people.

In the 60's when dirt bikes really started to take off here in the California desert dust and loud noise really started to tick people off. "Less Sound More Ground" became the slogan..Look at it now..whisper quiet bike's and ton's more power. Same thing with Jet engine's big and small. The early really small Lear 23's were deafening. Corporate jet's these day's are super quiet. Early Jet's are no longer allowed to land at many airports so unless they're hushed they go to scrap, and many large important airports have curfews. People won't put up with noise and I don't care how legal you think you are ...you'll be outlawed.

Reactions: old man mavic
I agree stop whining about the noise,it’s a freakin drone,I love mine,have no issues at all,it’s like someone’s gotta complain about something,bunch of freakin kids. Lol

Reactions: Stealthbomber
Look down at your display, look up to regain VLOS and it's gone! Figure out where the noise is, regain VLOS. Works for me every time it's tried. The MA is perfect for me when I impersonate Helen Keller (which I do with increasing frequency lately).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada