DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Love Stories Like This! #DronesForGood

Florida Drone Supply

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We love seeing stories like this in the news. Any other #DronesForGood stories you've caught recently?

Reactions: dirkclod
Is a good story but I find it ironic he looks for mosquitos where they grow rice. Isn't nothing but water everywhere .

Yes, but the article mentions working with engineers to rework the irrigation system so that the water isn't standing stagnant. If there was some constant flow, mosquitoes wouldn't be able to breed as easily.

Yes, but the article mentions working with engineers to rework the irrigation system so that the water isn't standing stagnant. If there was some constant flow, mosquitoes wouldn't be able to breed as easily.
Not a rice grower so I have no clue but seems in rice patties if the water was moving it would take up the young rice
plants .Again I'm no rice grower . :)
Good story though .

You bring up some great points, here are my thoughts:
  • I'm thinking they could find a happy medium with a little movement, certainly doesn't need to be Niagara Falls haha.
  • I wonder if some sort of water disruption, without actual displacement of water would suffice?
  • What about an electroshock that wouldn't harm the plants, but may be strong enough to deter mosquitoes?
I definitely think they're on to something! I'm sure with more research they'll be able to find something that doesn't harm the crop, but can at least deter mosquitoes.

Or you know, they could do what we do here in Florida, and spray to lessen the mosquito population!

I think they are too and find the electroshock kinda funny because I have had to operate a boat that ran current to bring up fish in the past and don't know about mosquitos but bet anyone that stepped in the water would get a shock out of that. ;)
Yep have grab an electric fence in my day .o_O

I think they are too and find the electroshock kinda funny because I have had to operate a boat that ran current to bring up fish in the past and don't know about mosquitos but bet anyone that stepped in the water would get a shock out of that. ;)
Yep have grab an electric fence in my day .o_O
Had to see if it really worked, huh?

Certainly would be an interesting test to say the least ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000