DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Loving my Mavic so far. First flight video and first time observations

hassanchop

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

I posted last week that I didn't get a chance to fly or practice till I actually got to the beach. I love this thing so far. So awesome. This video is before I adjusted the yaw and gimbal speeds so it will look fast when I turn.

App crashed on me a couple of times but I restarted it without any problems and the Mavic hovered when it did crash. I used a ND32 filter on this to get the shutter down.

I used the cinematic mode to slow it down and make it more smooth.

Still learning and scared to fly it where I can see it. There was a guy who flew his so far out he was relying on his phone.

Questions:
If I fly this thing out and the battery gets low or I fly it our of range will it come back automatically?

If there are no restrictions where I am, can I flight this up to 500 feet? If it goes too high I afraid of the wind taking it.

Just some random clips of the beach not really in order.

If I fly this thing out and the battery gets low or I fly it our of range will it come back automatically?
Using the default settings in DJI GO, the Mavic will auto initiate RTH when the battery is low or when the remote controller signal is lost. Neither of those scenarios are aware of the wind, so the Mavic might not make it back to the home point before the battery reaches the critically low level (which causes it to auto land at its current location).

can I flight this up to 500 feet?
The Mavic is able to fly up to 500 meters over top of the takeoff location.

If it goes too high I afraid of the wind taking it
That's a good point and something you should always be considering.

I saw a YouTube video of Mavic going as high as 2500 meters, not that I would ever dare or suggest going that high, it was very irresponsible of that flyer, so the point is that it is capable of that height. Of course wind and other factors would play a huge role.

Hey Everyone,

I posted last week that I didn't get a chance to fly or practice till I actually got to the beach. I love this thing so far. So awesome.

App crashed on me a couple of times but I restarted it without any problems and the Mavic hovered when it did crash.]

I look foward to all your post's.
Heres hoping there Joyful
If you lose conection with your app and mavic ....

Just look on your controller you will see you still have control of Mavic
.................If you ever lose control of your mavic with your controller
factory Default is to RTH as it should be.
If it set to hover in place and say you can't regain control....well your next post will not be a happy one
................IMO.......
Please don't fly Less then 30ft off the water surface
Never fly with less then 20% battery life
...............cR

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I look foward to all your post's.
Heres hoping there Joyful
If you lose conection with your app and mavic ....

Just look on your controller you will see you still have control of Mavic
.................If you ever lose control of your mavic with your controller
factory Default is to RTH as it should be.
If it set to hover in place and say you can't regain control....well your next post will not be a happy one
................IMO.......
Please don't fly Less then 30ft off the water surface
Never fly with less then 20% battery life
...............cR

Yeah I agree with not being happy when my Mavic doesn't come back. I insured it so I'm okay but yes yes I love this forum. So much great advice that will help with me not losing it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo