DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low altitude flight with litchi. Altitude problems

Nora

Reactions
Hello all,

I have a huge problem.
I have a Mavic 2 enterprise (Zoom) and I´m trying to fly a low altitude mission planned in Litchi with 99 waypoints covering an area of 100x400m about 100m away from my position with a flight altitude of 3m.
I use the online elevation model and checked "above ground" for all waypoints. Also the first waypoint is directly next to the take off point.

The drone maintains altitude relatively well at first, but after about a third of the mission the drone begins to climb to 5-6 m or higher. This happens at different locations with different elevation profiles. Even over very flat areas.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?
Or can anybody recommend a different flight planning software for low altitude flights? Also we need to fly really slow (1,8 km/h).

Thanks a lot

Or can anybody recommend a different flight planning software for low altitude flights? Also we need to fly really slow (1,8 km/h).
Without knowing the exact type of waypoint mission I could only recommend DJI GSPro.
You can fly as low as 5m and at a minimum speed of 1m/s.

GSPro is not DEM aware, so you have to chose the waypoint height manually carefully or import a KML path into GSPro.

Thanks for your fast reply, but unfortunately 5m is too high and 1 m/s (3,6 km/h) is too fast. That is why DJI GSPro is not an option for me.

Thanks for your fast reply, but unfortunately 5m is too high and 1 m/s (3,6 km/h) is too fast. That is why DJI GSPro is not an option for me.
May I ask for the nature of the mission?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929