DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low-altitude flying along the Lund tramway (Sweden)

RiverOrange

Reactions
Here is my latest video showing the nearly finished construction of a tramway in the town of Lund where I live. The video takes you from Lund central station to the construction site of the research facility European Spallation Source (ESS).

The route was thoroughly planned and programmed using OpenStreetMaps (GPSies.com) and Litchi. A lot of additional altitude measurements and calculations in spreadsheets where also needed to get this result. Special effects were made with Adobe After Effects.

Enjoy!

Here is my latest video showing the nearly finished construction of a tramway in the town of Lund where I live. The video takes you from Lund central station to the construction site of the research facility European Spallation Source (ESS).

The route was thoroughly planned and programmed using OpenStreetMaps (GPSies.com) and Litchi. A lot of additional altitude measurements and calculations in spreadsheets where also needed to get this result. Special effects were made with Adobe After Effects.

Enjoy!

Great job!

Well done, you got pretty close to some trees at the start there (at 0:35) . . . did obstacle avoidance kick in there for a bit as I saw the bird jolt a little (0:40).
You picked a great time / day to fly, all those apartments and hardly a soul to be seen through your flight.

That huge LED billboard at 2:36 was by the project builder, or one of your special effects ? (Impressive if so.)

Flying through the blades of one of those wind turbines would have been a fitting finish to the video, maybe next time ?

Well done, you got pretty close to some trees at the start there (at 0:35) . . . did obstacle avoidance kick in there for a bit as I saw the bird jolt a little (0:40).
You picked a great time / day to fly, all those apartments and hardly a soul to be seen through your flight.

That huge LED billboard at 2:36 was by the project builder, or one of your special effects ? (Impressive if so.)

Flying through the blades of one of those wind turbines would have been a fitting finish to the video, maybe next time ?
Thanks a lot!
I sure got a bit nervous when I recorded the first route and I ended up extremely close to the trees. The recording was made at 10 km/h and I followed the bird closely on my bike just behind it, with a finger on the sport mode switch just ready to abort of I got too close. Fortunately I had turned the obstacle avoidance off in advance :) The small jolt (banking) was actually made deliberately in post-production to increase the sense of flight with a fixed wing. Just like all other banked turns in the movie. I knew about the trees and corrected the flight path accordingly before, but due to the limited GPS accuracy and possibly some pass-to-pass drift in the GPS system I ended up extremely close...

The recording downtown was made at 05:30 in the morning to avoid too much people and vehicles around and annoying questioning of what I was doing.

The billboard is pure CGI! It's actually a piece from my previous movie made a year ago when passing the exact same spot. Thought it was fun with a small Easter egg. Nice that you saw it!

The distance from the wind turbines was really safe this time, I think! have a look at the intro to my previous tramway move. It's much closer!

How the heck were you able to go around those curves and follow it so smoothly?!? I don't know if it's my settings, but I always seem to go "sliding" around curves and overcorrecting....

Enjoy!
WOW people drive fast there LOL

I sure sped it up! Between 7 and 30 times. Even more in the speed-ramp between the research facilities of course. I flow most of the route at 10 km/h. In total 5 separate routes with four transitions between.

Everything was pre-programmed using Litchi. Headings were calculated in a spreadsheet to always point 75 meters ahead of the flight path. Otherwise, if you just look in the direction of your flight, the camera misses the path in the curves.

(To get it silky-smooth, I also added stabilization in post-processing, along with emulated banking of the turns)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada