DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low battery mode override?

mabranton

Reactions
Full disclosure, I was operating my mavic mini while a passenger on a motor boat (hey its allowed under 107). Mini hit the low battery warning and wanted to return to home. I was not near the homepoint. I cancelled the RTH, assuming it would fly to me as directed. It refused to answer my directive to come to where I was, and just hovered. I'm assuming this is a DJI safeguard. Anyone dealt with this before, is there an override? I assumed 5 minutes of fly time was plenty to have it land on on the boat, but Mini wouldn't listen. Thoughts?

If I understand what happen correctly, you moved from the home point to another location? when you take off, the drone calculates its flight time in accordance with the needed battery life to return to its home point. Now you can set the home point to dynamic (not sure in the Fly app for mini) which will track the controllers movement and re-calculate the battery life needed to RTH. If the fly app does not have that function then you would need to fly the drone back to your current location prior to the low battery warning. Once the battery hits the low battery level (unless you manually change it) it goes into the auto/RTH mode and if you get to the battery critical level it will auto land wherever its at. Its always best to know how long/or pay close attention to your battery life when flying.

Reactions: CommanderKJDF
The Fly app does not have Dynamic Home Point (at least not in iOS). But you can manually update the home point to your current location from the safety menu. When you get the first RTH warning, click cancel, stop the boat then manually update the home point so any further automatic RTH will return to your position.

I'm not sure why the drone didn't respond to your input, once I cancel RTH it always works as it did before it kicks in, this is very strange. Did you set the RTH option to "hover" or "return to home and land".

Sorry to hear about that..What was the outcome? I hesitate to ask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom