DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low battery RTH...going up???

Martin-West1

Reactions
So I've had my Mavic Pro for about four weeks. I've flown over 27 miles so far and it has been awesome!

I've had this issue twice and I'm not keen to repeat it. I use RTH quite often and like it alot, but I decided to see what would happen if I ignored the low battery warning at 30% and just fly until the software takes over and brings itself back. At first, no issues. (sorry, but on the attached flight log, the time starts at 16 m 20s as I didn't shut down between flights).

Anyway, at 22% battery (18 m 55s), the RTH kicked in and I let it fly itself (it was set to 30 meters for RTH altitude). It was doing great (I could see it from where we were standing).

At 19m 55s, it had closed to within 26 feet horizontal distance from home at the RTH altitude and I figured it was lining up for landing...then it started to climb.

It climbed up to 263.8 feet before it became concerned and went into Autoland (I was getting very concerned too). It continued to climb and was up to 270 feet.

I started to bring it down as fast as I could. It went into forced land and ended up about 7 feet from its home point when it eventually landed.

This similar sequence had happened once before. I chose not to repeat this and I also don't want to drain the battery so far (advice I picked up from this forum). When I get to 25% battery, I'm coming home.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Brian

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-22_[17-40-32][1].txt
    504.9 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member