DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low-Noise Propellers for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom

Wondering about Low-Noise Propellers for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Do these make a significant difference?

Yeah, my New Mavic 2 Zoom is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. [emoji322][emoji323] And, I am thinking the Orange Propellers would look really great.
So far I’m sold. Measurably quieter and I have found no performance draw backs with the limited time I have had to play due to the weather.

Where I live my ceiling is 200 ft. and yesterday I took it out about 1600 feet which is about my limit for VLOS with the strobes I use. In and out, fast and slow, up and down, perfect! So far.

Mater of fact I just order several more sets for my other M2s and as extras. Unless there’s a major glitch in the future (which I do not expect with the company’s reputation and background) I’m not looking back and these are my go to.

Wondering about Low-Noise Propellers for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. Do these make a significant difference?

Yeah, my New Mavic 2 Zoom is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. [emoji322][emoji323] And, I am thinking the Orange Propellers would look really great.
We did a review, you can see it here:

Which influenced my decision to buy more.
Glad to help! They are nice, I haven't had any issues, I've but a few battery packs through it already.

Reactions: SturdyFlamingo
Thanks for posting!
Ryan, does your decimeter give a frequency readout? The Master Airscrew props also seemed to be a lower frequency sound as I watched your video... this could be related to attenuation with distance.

Reactions: JAW
Thanks for posting!
Ryan, does your decimeter give a frequency readout? The Master Airscrew props also seemed to be a lower frequency sound as I watched your video... this could be related to attenuation with distance.
Not unfortunately it doesn't give frequency, just by ear it is a much lower frequency too. That's why I jumped back and forth between the two in the video to try to show how much of a difference it is. The camera and drone were the same distance from each other in the 2 setups too, took off from the landing pad and left the camera on the tripod for both.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks for posting!
If you look at your controller LCD you'll note that the MAS prop's hover at a lower rpm than the stock DJI. It's the lower rpm that makes the lower sound frequency, and that's not so intrusive. More like a hum than a buzz!

I have a set of MAS blue, and earlier today ordered black and orange (I'm copying a couple of others here who are going orange front, black rear).

The MAS are noticeably quieter. That's not just about RPM, as there's several other factors that can change the noise spectrum. The MAS props are little longer, each blade is a hair over 1/8" longer, on it's own, that improves efficiency as longer slower is better. Tips are a bit more swept back and that can reduce tip vortices. Besides improving efficiency, reduction of the vortices will also change the sound signature. Propeller design has always been a little science with a little black magic too. DGI was not dumb about this, but MAS even less so. That they are fairly similar is not a coincidence.

I have a set of MAS blue, and earlier today ordered black and orange (I'm copying a couple of others here who are going orange front, black rear).

The MAS are noticeably quieter. That's not just about RPM, as there's several other factors that can change the noise spectrum. The MAS props are little longer, each blade is a hair over 1/8" longer, on it's own, that improves efficiency as longer slower is better. Tips are a bit more swept back and that can reduce tip vortices. Besides improving efficiency, reduction of the vortices will also change the sound signature. Propeller design has always been a little science with a little black magic too. DGI was not dumb about this, but MAS even less so. That they are fairly similar is not a coincidence.

They sound quieter, but they don't appear to be more efficient:

I just got my Master Airscrew props for my M2Z 2 days ago. I got orange ones, and they do look very good for sure. They appear to be very well made, and fit nicely. I took it out yesterday for about a 15 minute flight, and while it flew very good, I really didn't notice it being any quieter. They do look nice on the AC though. They claim they get a minute or two longer battery life also, but have no idea on that. Bottom line, I didn't notice a big noise difference (or any), but they do look very good.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
I bought four sets all different colors. I did notice that to my ear, they are quieter. I really can't tell any performance differences from stock in any mode and don't know about the claim of longer flight time. I like to use the black props on the front and the orange on the rear, it makes it easier to tell orientation on drone, especially when teaching someone else to fly. So, the color difference is what I'm after. Obviously, blue and white don't show up as well when flying. They are extremely well made, even imprinted with arrows so you know which way to turn them when placing them on the drone.

So far I’m sold. Measurably quieter and I have found no performance draw backs with the limited time I have had to play due to the weather.

Where I live my ceiling is 200 ft. and yesterday I took it out about 1600 feet which is about my limit for VLOS with the strobes I use. In and out, fast and slow, up and down, perfect! So far.

Mater of fact I just order several more sets for my other M2s and as extras. Unless there’s a major glitch in the future (which I do not expect with the company’s reputation and background) I’m not looking back and these are my go to.

Agreed, I received mine for my M2Z and tested it much like you. The only thing I’ve noticed is that when descending full throttle in Sport mode it shakes a little bit. But this doesn't happen when I descend in an orderly manner or in P mode. Again, outside of that, I love these things. . .

I just got my Master Airscrew props for my M2Z 2 days ago. I got orange ones, and they do look very good for sure. They appear to be very well made, and fit nicely. I took it out yesterday for about a 15 minute flight, and while it flew very good, I really didn't notice it being any quieter. They do look nice on the AC though. They claim they get a minute or two longer battery life also, but have no idea on that. Bottom line, I didn't notice a big noise difference (or any), but they do look very good.
Ya 2db is hardly noticeable.
As for flight time, the "test" in the video is a bit off my longest flight time is like 24:30 on M2P, but on the average more like 20. Plus for a test like that to mean anything you need to try more than just one - as in many.

Ya 2db is hardly noticeable.
As for flight time, the "test" in the video is a bit off my longest flight time is like 24:30 on M2P, but on the average more like 20. Plus for a test like that to mean anything you need to try more than just one - as in many.
I did the hover test again swapping the batteries this time and got similar results, MAS props were 1:18 longer, OEM props landed at 9% and MAS at 10%
Keep in mind that hovering is not the most efficient method of getting the longest flights, moving forward at a slow steady pace is, but it;s much harder to compare apples-to-apples that way so I chose to just do a hover test. In regards to dB's I noticed the gap between the two widen the further you got from the drone. See images from the end of the video below.
mas1.jpg
oem1.jpg

Reactions: Thomas B
I did order a set and I pay attention to flight time, so we will see.
They cost the same as DJI and I just mowed the lawn so could use a set.

They sound quieter, but they don't appear to be more efficient:
I've seen your graphs @sar104, but I'm interested in your comment above ...
The quietness is due to the lower rpm rate in the hover. If the Mav' is using less rpm to hover, and the battery/flight duration is slightly better (as advertised) - wouldn't that imply that the MAS prop's are more efficient?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme