DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers

alivilla47

Reactions
Hi All,

New here as just upgraded to a Mavic Pro from my Phantom 3 Standard and I'm now looking at accessories (as you do).

Got the fly more combo so got most things with that but the low noise propellers do really interest me. Has anyone used these on the Mavic Pro? Does it make much difference to noise or flight time? To be honest flight time isn't really an issue but I would like it to be quieter.

Thanks!

These things sell for 10 $/£ a pair to go on a 1000 $/£ drone and you’re saving cents/pennies by using knock off parts of unknown quality!

I wouldn’t use anything that hasn’t been tested out by the masses. Just because it’s not Oem, doesn’t mean it’s not good. There are a lot of non oem parts on my $60k Truck [emoji6]

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I bought the DJI brand and love them. They are definitely quieter and I haven't really noticed a difference in performance.

I didn't notice any difference in noise to be honest, using the genuine DJI low noise props on my Mavic pro

Reactions: PhatDJNic
I have used both extensively. The new quiet props as come stock on the Platinum have a different tone quality and are perceived as being much quieter. I find that when flying in the neighborhood, the standard propeller causes all the dogs in the neighborhood to begin barking. Changing to the quiet props eliminates all but the most annoying dog. But once you get over about a hundred fifty feet you can't hear either one... So I guess if you really want to fly quietly fly high!

Reactions: ksmusa
Honestly not sure there is much difference in noise - I purchased the yellow tip ones just because they look 'cool' & wanted less noise. They are very flexible wider & turned up at the ends. But yeah I do agree with mmoguls the dogs don't seem to mind the new props as much so that might be your best indication.

Prop talk [emoji4]
I've been throwing the idea around to start a log on rotor blades. In my mind, keeping a time log and cycle log updated, may lead to a better understanding of WHEN rotors start being dangerously close to the failure point.
We all wonder how long they will last or when they should be replaced for safety reasons.
I have come up with my own criteria to log wear and tear in an attempt to come up with a standard for safety reasons.
I will take time when I get it to post a thread on that so you hopefully may also benefit from the safety margins that could result from keeping logs like it.
I believe that our "toys" need careful and close scrutiny go keep them safe and fun.
Just my 2 cents. PJ.

Reactions: black_magic100
Word of warning to everyone...using low noise props in windy conditions I beleive caused the props to scrape top of MP. see photo. I'm planning to use only stock props if there is wind.

Attachments

• 20180326_192432.jpg
    20180326_192432.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: ifly2high
you know that is a very good idea. i am going to save the good low noise props when i am doing
a job and fly with the standard props all the other times. when i am video recording a wedding
i want to be as quiet as possible, so on jobs like that i will use the props that are a little more quiet.
i did down load a sound meter on to my ipad and tested the sound with both props and there
was about a 4 to 5 decibel difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu