DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low Quality Preview Photo On Android / M2P?

AK47AR

Reactions
Fellow pilots, I just picked up a Mavic 2 Pro after experience with the classic as well as P4P. I'm finding that the preview image that can be viewed on tablet after taking a photo looks incredibly poor. Anything with lines looks jagged and grainy, making it rather difficult to know if it was a good take or not. However, the files on the SD card, seem fine once viwed on the PC. I took the P4P up yesterday and the preview from it, looks sharp and crisp. Is there a setting that I am missing on the M2P or is this just an issue that I am going to have to address with DJI? Thanks for any input.

Samples from the M2P: Jagged and low quality.
screen_4d51bbbaf74e91c6_1543711106000.jpgthumbnail.jpg

And from the M1P: A heck of a lot better.
screen_e56dbfdce902010b_1538533822000.jpgscreen_c67aeadcdbd0a192_1535251924000.jpg

Fellow pilots, I just picked up a Mavic 2 Pro after experience with the classic as well as P4P. I'm finding that the preview image that can be viewed on tablet after taking a photo looks incredibly poor. Anything with lines looks jagged and grainy, making it rather difficult to know if it was a good take or not. However, the files on the SD card, seem fine once viwed on the PC. I took the P4P up yesterday and the preview from it, looks sharp and crisp. Is there a setting that I am missing on the M2P or is this just an issue that I am going to have to address with DJI?
The liveview on the Mavic 2 should look as good as or better than for the P4 pro.
But it's normal for the P4 pro preview images to be of poor quality.
They are only 720p images because any higher qualit would take too long to transmit.
They are good to check exposure and composition but you can always count on the real images looking better.

The liveview on the Mavic 2 should look as good as or better than for the P4 pro.
But it's normal for the P4 pro preview images to be of poor quality.
They are only 720p images because any higher qualit would take too long to transmit.
They are good to check exposure and composition but you can always count on the real images looking better.

Thank you for your reply. Yes the actual live view looks fine while flying around. But when I go to look at the photo on the app, I see that grainy photo from above and it makes it difficult to judge a few things about what the actual photo on the SD might look like. The Reso of the preview photos on the app come out as 960 x 480 on the M2P while on the mavic classic they are 960 x 720. Should they not be 1080 based on the M2Ps downlink?

Mine does the same thing, I believe that this is normal operation.

Mine does the same thing, I believe that this is normal operation.

Thx for your reply. Not sure it is normal. I think if everyone was seeing what we see, there would be wide spread complaining perhaps, but I have only run into one other person and yourself with documented questions about this issue. I spoke to a DJI rep who told me, the image should appear clear. The cache photo resolution is identical to that from the P4P, yet the phantom cache photo looks crystal clear. No moire and grain. What device do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000