DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Low voltage auto landing question

Reactions
Last weekend I escaped quarantine and went to a local park for a quick flight to practice my stick handling. I kept the drone under 40’ and within 100-200 feet of me, wind under 10mph and temp 62°. I was in sport mode most of the flight, and admittedly was flying her pretty hard. My starting battery was 95% at 8.13v, 4.067, 4.061. I had no issues during the flight other than reaching max speed a few times.
At @17 minutes I received a Low Battery voltage. Fly with caution Code 110011. Battery was 21% 6.59v, 3.295, 3.291. I then received a verbal warning that the mini would land in 10 seconds. She was no more than 10’ up and 50’ out over grass so I didn’t freak. Auto landing initiated and she began to land with no command with 20% battery left. Had I been further out, and over water or bad terrain, this could have been bad. I have no intention to always fly her like this, but am getting used to what she can and cannot tolerate in controlled settings.

I did further research and understand why it occurred (safety), but I’ve flown her hard before. I’ve checked past flight logs and had similar voltage with no issue. Could I have cancelled the landing? Would a command to elevate cancel that? At what point do you get concerned over your voltage?

log

Thank you in advance.

it will land when it determines that it doesn't have sufficient charge left to return to home. You can adjust at which % the warning comes up.

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 12.16.08 PM.png

Ok, I knew about the battery %. I was concerned it happened due to low voltage due to flying hard. Thanks!
as you said in your OP you were flying in sport mode which will make the battery discharge at a faster rate so you need to be aware of how much battery you have left at all times and remember once a battery gets below around 40% then the depletion rate increases as the remaining charge is used

Reactions: WooZie
Last weekend I escaped quarantine and went to a local park for a quick flight to practice my stick handling. I kept the drone under 40’ and within 100-200 feet of me, wind under 10mph and temp 62°. I was in sport mode most of the flight, and admittedly was flying her pretty hard. My starting battery was 95% at 8.13v, 4.067, 4.061. I had no issues during the flight other than reaching max speed a few times.
At @17 minutes I received a Low Battery voltage. Fly with caution Code 110011. Battery was 21% 6.59v, 3.295, 3.291. I then received a verbal warning that the mini would land in 10 seconds. She was no more than 10’ up and 50’ out over grass so I didn’t freak. Auto landing initiated and she began to land with no command with 20% battery left. Had I been further out, and over water or bad terrain, this could have been bad. I have no intention to always fly her like this, but am getting used to what she can and cannot tolerate in controlled settings.

I did further research and understand why it occurred (safety), but I’ve flown her hard before. I’ve checked past flight logs and had similar voltage with no issue. Could I have cancelled the landing? Would a command to elevate cancel that? At what point do you get concerned over your voltage?

log

Thank you in advance.
it will land when it determines that it doesn't have sufficient charge left to return to home. You can adjust at which % the warning comes up.

View attachment 99005

This was a completely normal RTH procedure due to reaching the battery threshold of 21%. You got the RTH countdown already at 1044,5sec when the battery reached 21%, you continued to fly and then ended up closer to the HP then 20m. When the countdown had reached 0 the AC started the Battery RTH but as the AC then were at 18m distance from HP at 1053,8sec it just landed as described in the manual.

1587237359578.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka