Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowepro BP250

Jim_bo

Reactions
Anyone try the Lowepro Viewpoint BP250? I saw a review here:

Last edited:
I'm interested in how it compares to the Vanguard Up-rise II 43:

I went with the Lowepro sling version in this size range: Amazon.com : Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250 AW - A Secure, Slim, Smart and Protective Sling for a Compact DSLR or DJI Mavic Pro : Camera & Photo

If you use Camelcamelcamel.com to watch it, you can catch a sale - I paid $60 and it's a phenomenal bag, just perfect for the Mavic, Nexus 7 tablet, 4 batteries, landing pad (strapped to outside) and all my other drone stuff. I can even stow the Mavic folded with landing-leg extensions in place.

The big decision is "backpack" vs "sling" design but for me, an advantage of this model is that you don't have to remove an inside bag, and then open that, to get things unpacked - in fact, you can swing it around to the front of your body and take out the Mavic and controller without removing the sling from your shoulder - it's designed for quick camera access.

Here's how mine is packed - all the other stuff is in the upper compartment:

Here's a video review with details:

Last edited:
I went with the Lowepro sling version in this size range: Amazon.com : Lowepro Slingshot Edge 250 AW - A Secure, Slim, Smart and Protective Sling for a Compact DSLR or DJI Mavic Pro : Camera & Photo

If you use Camelcamelcamel.com to watch it, you can catch a sale - I paid $60 and it's a phenomenal bag, just perfect for the Mavic, Nexus 7 tablet, 4 batteries, landing pad (strapped to outside) and all my other drone stuff. I can even stow the Mavic folded with landing-leg extensions in place.

The big decision is "backpack" vs "sling" design but for me, an advantage of this model is that you don't have to remove an inside bag, and then open that, to get things unpacked - in fact, you can swing it around to the front of your body and take out the Mavic and controller without removing the sling from your shoulder - it's designed for quick camera access.

That's what I have and love it.

I've used Lowepro products for years as a photographer and they're top notch. To the OP: I haven't seen the Viewpoint BP250 but if it looks like it has all the space you'll need for what you want to carry I'm sure you'd love it. Lowepro has very good build quality and their bags are well-thought-out.

It doesn't look like there is any room for goggles in there... or am I wrong?

It doesn't look like there is any room for goggles in there... or am I wrong?
Goggles could go in the upper compartment, but in my case wouldn't fit due to the chargers, cables, prop guards etc. already in there. Losing the prop guards and moving the chargers to the open space at the bottom would probably work fine.

YMMV

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji