DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 Backpack for DJI Mavic

TOMWOLVES

Reactions
Hello All, I am curious if anyone uses this backpack from Lowepro, (Lowepro DroneGuard BP 250 Backpack for DJI Mavic) I just purchased one from B&H Photo . I probably should have asked the question before I ordered this pack. Although I did watch many reviews on You Tube, and didn't see any negative remarks. Let me know how you like them if you wish. Likes and dislikes. That little pack that came with the Fly more bundles just ain't cutting it . Although I will use it to go out on my property. Well all, have a great day! Thanks

I've been looking around at backpacks but couldn't find one that was compact enough for carry on and would also carry all my camera and recording gear so I built my own. I started with a Case Logic camera backpack which will hold my big camera, small video camera, Yi 4K+ Action cam, audio recording, batteries and chargers, laptop, tablet, and assorted doo-dads. I then modified that with a couple of clips that allow me to hang the little DJI fly more case off the back. I figured this would give me more flexibility than 2 dedicated packs but still qualify as one bag for the carry on rules. Here's a couple of pics.

WP_20180111_16_34_46_Rich.jpg WP_20180111_16_34_56_Rich.jpg

Reactions: TOMWOLVES
I don't own that specific Lowepro, but I do use this Lowepro slingpack for my Mavic, and I've had a number of Lowepro camera bags over the years. The company puts a lot of effort into making well-thought-out bags with lots of useful features, and the build quality is second to none.

So, while I can't comment on your specific choice, overall I would be optimistic.

Reactions: TOMWOLVES
There's no such thing as a perfect bag. I've owned dozens throughout my photo career, and my thoughts are that you probably will need a few to work for all occasions. Having one that just fits the drone and batteries is never enough IMO because you'll always have extra stuff depending on where you are and what you're doing.

I currently have 5 bags, and none of them is ever perfect. Recently I bought this one for a trip, and though it's not perfect, it came actually pretty close to the capacity and features I needed and was a no-brainer for the cost.

LowePro stuff is decent quality, though I've never found any of their bags to fit my specific needs. These days I like ThinkTank and Peak Design gear the most, but both are expensive pro gear, and if you don't need the features I wouldn't bother. I also have a Peli 1510 which is overkill for the Mavic, but great when traveling via air as it really does protect gear well. Plus it has made a really fine stool on many occasions.

I've had the 250 for a few months and can't think of anything that would make it better. I can fit the drone, batteries, charger, cords, cables, filters, props.... everything I need, in the main storage area. It's easy(ish) to customize the area to fit your needs. There are several other zippered pockets for anything else you need. The computer/tablet pocket easily fits my mini4 and 15" tablet easily. I had buyers remorse after ordering the bag, but wished I would have purchased it sooner after using it. I don't think you'll regret it.

Reactions: Imtnbike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom