DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lowering sports yaw makes Mavic no longer hold altitude and much more???

MasonDallas

Reactions
Does anyone know the parameter to change in debug for a slower yaw in sports mode?

When I change tors_gyro_range to a lower value but mavic doesn't respond properly and doesn't hold its altitude, hitting the ground and turned off in the air mid flight???

Thanks

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: MasonDallas
Go here.

ALSO...

Here are some parms from @brett8883
View attachment 103261

Here are the parameters I use...
View attachment 103263

Almost forgot... some of these lower value parameters will not take with out Super-Patcher...
I changed the tors_gyro_range to 50 and it made my drone nonresponsive, wouldn't hold altitude, and turned off mid-air so are we sure that's what it is?

Go here.

ALSO...

Here are some parms from @brett8883
View attachment 103261

Here are the parameters I use...
View attachment 103263

Almost forgot... some of these lower value parameters will not take with out Super-Patcher...
I tried it again, slowly went down from 200 and when I got to 60, my mavic did something weird again where it doesn't maintain that minimum distance from the ground and the controls are a little bit delayed and its just acting strange, I turned it on and off and it seemed to be fine for that flight but this is what happened the first time I set it low to like 30 or 50 and it just turned off in the air. Any idea what this is

I tried it again, slowly went down from 200 and when I got to 60, my mavic did something weird again where it doesn't maintain that minimum distance from the ground and the controls are a little bit delayed and its just acting strange, I turned it on and off and it seemed to be fine for that flight but this is what happened the first time I set it low to like 30 or 50 and it just turned off in the air. Any idea what this is
I'm not quite sure, I've never had that problem. The only thing I can think of is that all my parameter modifications were made after Super-Patcher was installed, which requires a different firmware v1.04.0300 for the MP. That is one of the things that Super-Patcher is for... "extended parameter ranges". If you are not on that, maybe that could be the problem. I've never done it any other way, so I don't have any experience doing parameter changes directly to any other firmware.

I'm not quite sure, I've never had that problem. The only thing I can think of is that all my parameter modifications were made after Super-Patcher was installed, which requires a different firmware v1.04.0300 for the MP. That is one of the things that Super-Patcher is for... "extended parameter ranges". If you are not on that, maybe that could be the problem. I've never done it any other way, so I don't have any experience doing parameter changes directly to any other firmware.
I did superpatcher before doing this mods, 1.4.3 so I guess that's not it, thanks for the replies though, very helpful

SOLVED:

I think I figured out the problem I had. Since I started flying as soon as I turned it on, I don't think I was connected to any satellites and I was most likely flying in manual mode which is why when I held my throttle down my mavic turned off and when it was acting so weird when I throttled up and down!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
SOLVED:

I think I figured out the problem I had. Since I started flying as soon as I turned it on, I don't think I was connected to any satellites and I was most likely flying in manual mode which is why when I held my throttle down my mavic turned off and when it was acting so weird when I throttled up and down!
Good to know. thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom