DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LTE USB stick

Yurii

Reactions
Maybe this info will help somebody...
Huawei e3372 is working with my CS 5,5 latest firmware. The important thing to do is to set the stick to the "modem only" mode. I've done it manualy over hyperterminal (a lot of info how to do it with any huawei modem in the internet).
Then, plug in the stick, reboot CS with the modem in, and it works.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Although I always fly in airplane mode, this is really useful to know Thumbswayup

Any issues loading drivers or anything? Or was it just plug-and-play??

Sorry for reactivating this old thread but didn't found another one related to a LTE modem working with the Cristalsky.

Tried the following LTE modems:
E3372 but it didn't worked. It was model E3372h-607
E3531s-2, no go.
E5577cs-321, no go.

In fact, after some googling all these ones are more made for computer and set through web page.
For the E3372h, I should had the E3372s to have a chance to make it working with the CS.
Seems there are ways to reflash with firmwares images to download from unknown source to get a "s" version instead of "h".

Following post #5 on DJI forum (Crystalsky 4G USB dongle feature = FAKE) DJI indicated that they tested only 2 models with the CS. I found only one of them on ebay.
I got the Huawei MS2131i-8 (Huawei MS2131i-8 USB modem - industrial use, Linux supported | eBay).

It worked straight and nicely, almost no settings, just the APN to set according to my provider. The SIM card was set (no pin) and checked before on another usb stick with a PC.
Also it really connects only after you turn wifi off, oups.

Having such internet connection is nice if you want to use satellite maps like me.

Sorry for reactivating this old thread but didn't found another one related to a LTE modem working with the Cristalsky.

Tried the following LTE modems:
E3372 but it didn't worked. It was model E3372h-607
E3531s-2, no go.
E5577cs-321, no go.

In fact, after some googling all these ones are more made for computer and set through web page.
For the E3372h, I should had the E3372s to have a chance to make it working with the CS.
Seems there are ways to reflash with firmwares images to download from unknown source to get a "s" version instead of "h".

Following post #5 on DJI forum (Crystalsky 4G USB dongle feature = FAKE) DJI indicated that they tested only 2 models with the CS. I found only one of them on ebay.
I got the Huawei MS2131i-8 (Huawei MS2131i-8 USB modem - industrial use, Linux supported | eBay).

It worked straight and nicely, almost no settings, just the APN to set according to my provider. The SIM card was set (no pin) and checked before on another usb stick with a PC.
Also it really connects only after you turn wifi off, oups.

Having such internet connection is nice if you want to use satellite maps like me.

Well you can add this one to the compatible ones on the Crystalsky
The Nighthawk® LTE Mobile Hotspot from Netgear on AT&T
Just get a long USB-C Cable to tether with, then plug it in before booting and it works great!
You can also set the Hotspot to turn off its wifi while on tether and turn off the wifi on the CrystalSky to cut down on all the extra wifi interference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore