DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lucky save after fly-way on the harbor dock.

TartanImport

Reactions
See the video here
. Just lost control when about to land. No warning real-time or on the Airdata logs afterwards which I've attached. Something todo with the nearby boat including Fire dept.?? Would appreciate any insight

Attachments

• 1595784602279.png
    1595784602279.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-07-09_[16-21-57].txt
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • Wow
Reactions: itsneedtokno
See the video here
. Just lost control when about to land. No warning real-time or on the Airdata logs afterwards which I've attached. Something todo with the nearby boat including Fire dept.?? Would appreciate any insight

Wow that was a lucky save. We fly over the water every day and we have to negotiate that water reflection and the sun reflection as the sensors can get really confused which is really what looks like happened to your drone.

When you did not have control it was because the landing had already been activated so you were caught in that process of not having any control . Once it thought it landed you gained control back, its a good example of why flying over the water is tricky. You might consider A Rescue Jacket for future flights.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to float your drone.

Wow that was a lucky save. We fly over the water every day and we have to negotiate that water reflection and the sun reflection as the sensors can get really confused which is really what looks like happened to your drone.

When you did not have control it was because the landing had already been activated so you were caught in that process of not having any control . Once it thought it landed you gained control back, its a good example of why flying over the water is tricky. You might consider A Rescue Jacket for future flights.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to float your drone.

Thanks for the comments. I had canceled any auto RTH and was using sport to negate some sensor impact.

Reactions: Marcius
Thanks for the comments. I had canceled any auto RTH and was using sport to negate some sensor impact.

Those were good actions to take but at 10% battery , those actions were over rode with the drone kicking in its own action plan, this is how
so many drones end up in the water. Notice how after the drone thought it had landed it gave you back the control.

There is a huge difference in Auto Landing and Forced landing in how the drone reacts to your controller . Its a great example :

Those were good actions to take but at 10% battery , those actions were over rode with the drone kicking in its own action plan, this is how
so many drones end up in the water. Notice how after the drone thought it had landed it gave you back the control.

There is a huge difference in Auto Landing and Forced landing in how the drone reacts to your controller . Its a great example :

I can understand that it was ultimately trying to do a forced landing but don’t know what at 10% left it started going in 360 degree circles. Compass issue but no indication ???

You are so lucky that it did not end up in the water. This why I would not fly over water until I did get a Rescue Jacket.

Another thing you have to be aware of in that situation and location is lots of metal to send your bird crazy, the same thing happened to me recently.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Similar story but with 50% of battery, it start to rotate and no control, quickly turn on sport and get all control back, I believe its because of water. Happy days

See the video here
Do any of you know if the Mavic Rescue Jacket will fit on a Pro Platinum?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll