DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lumafusion?

bmoore1118

Reactions
I am looking at getting lumafusion for my iPad pro and wanted to see if anyone else has used this software?

I was using premier pro but it has a ton of issues with export compression.

I'm trying to fall in love but it's hard. I don't have a Pro so maybe that's part of the issue. One thing that doesn't work 99% of the time for me is reversing a clip. Otherwise, it seems pretty solid. I haven't tried doing any real color grading so I need to explore that.

I think it's going to be something I use to whip quick things together on my phone more than hardcore usage.

I'm trying to fall in love but it's hard. I don't have a Pro so maybe that's part of the issue. One thing that doesn't work 99% of the time for me is reversing a clip. Otherwise, it seems pretty solid. I haven't tried doing any real color grading so I need to explore that.

I think it's going to be something I use to whip quick things together on my phone more than hardcore usage.
what model ipad do you have?

I’m using it on iPad Mini 5 and Pro 12.9 1st gen. I like it better than all the other mobile editors I’ve tried (iMovie, Rush, Splice, Videolicious, Clips).

I just tried -100% clip velocity, it is a little finicky like @ThatBeardedDroneGuy reported. The first clip it worked, the second I had to quit LF and reopen, and click a couple times, then it worked. I got about 1.5x real time in processing the reverse of 4k footage on my iPad Mini 5.

Other than that problem, it has the functions I need and commonly use in drone work, has good connections to the iPad, the interface and function makes sense. There’s a learning curve, but it isn’t too steep.

Well worth $30!

Premiere Pro CC is my main editor on Mac & PC.

Yeah, it's weird. I've had it work ok but most of the time, LF just crashes. I checked the ReversedFiles folder and nothing even existed so it didn't appear to even make any progress. Now that I think about it, I wonder if I had a memory issue. I'll try it again with everything else closed.

It does seem pretty slick, though. I'm not ready to walk away from Resolve, but it's another tool.

It's definitely more of an iPad tool, though. It can be a bear to do any serious editing on the phone, but it works in a pinch.

I use Resolve on my laptop when I want precise control (editing, color grading, etc.). I use LumaFusion on my iPad 12 Pro, when I want a quick edit and especially when I’m traveling as I am now visiting family. I’ve had no issues with LF and, once you get past the learning curve, I find it works very well for me and I’ve had no issues with it.

Reactions: pescobar61
I use LumaFusion after trying many others over the past 5 years or so. The other apps that I kept around include Pinnacle Pro, Premiere Rush, and of course iMovie. By far, LumaFusion is my go-to. I've used it starting with an 10.5 iPad, and now a 11 inch Pro with M1. I've had no problems reversing clips, adding and mixing sound, working with text, etc. I've done some grading with it too. The Apple pencil or a stylus really helps. I generally use it to make short clips less than 10 minutes. Deep editing for me is probably not very deep for a serious pro, but I actually prefer LF for editing most drone related clips. I also use Premiere Pro on a Mac for ProRes and longer projects. LF is worth the 30 bucks I paid, and so glad it's a one-time payment.

Exporting to high bit rate 4k or even low bit rate 720p has always been smooth and seems faster than my Intel-spec MBP.

Reactions: pescobar61
I use LumaFusion after trying many others over the past 5 years or so. The other apps that I kept around include Pinnacle Pro, Premiere Rush, and of course iMovie. By far, LumaFusion is my go-to. I've used it starting with an 10.5 iPad, and now a 11 inch Pro with M1. I've had no problems reversing clips, adding and mixing sound, working with text, etc. I've done some grading with it too. The Apple pencil or a stylus really helps. I generally use it to make short clips less than 10 minutes. Deep editing for me is probably not very deep for a serious pro, but I actually prefer LF for editing most drone related clips. I also use Premiere Pro on a Mac for ProRes and longer projects. LF is worth the 30 bucks I paid, and so glad it's a one-time payment.

Exporting to high bit rate 4k or even low bit rate 720p has always been smooth and seems faster than my Intel-spec MBP.
Perfect thank you for this! I just purchased yesterday the 11 inch M1 from amazon. Cant wait to see how it works with the processor and Thunderbolt 4 port.

I also got the pencil.

Reactions: Debaser_AZ
I am looking at getting lumafusion for my iPad pro and wanted to see if anyone else has used this software?

I was using premier pro but it has a ton of issues with export compression.
I have used LumaFusion for years. It’s easy to learn and use. More intuitive than many others out there. It’s been upgraded over the years to become a very useful, easy to use, quality video editor. YouTube has some quality “How ro” videos to get you started as well as tips, tricks and more intricate processes. Good Luck. IMHO you can’t go wrong with LumaFusion.

I have been using LumaFusion for a couple months on my iPad Mini 6. I am certainly new to drones and video editing, But LumaFusion has been easy to learn and there are lots of great YouTube videos out there to help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada