DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M1P and M1X SD card question

slozukimc

Reactions
Hi. I need sd cards for my Mavic Pro and Platinum Pro. I see the manual says 64gb. Looking at my local stores 128gb are less expensive! Will a 128gb card work in the M1P and if so what do I need to look for to be sure it works?

Thanks, Mike

Be careful of the larger cards. My experience on my MPP is that the cards at 64 gig and up cause a random gimbal reset during flight, a most disturbing event. However, not all pilots have this happen. But for me it was never fixed by DJI. I use cards up to 32 gigs. Since I offload after every flight, size is not an issue.

Be careful of the larger cards. My experience on my MPP is that the cards at 64 gig and up cause a random gimbal reset during flight, a most disturbing event. However, not all pilots have this happen. But for me it was never fixed by DJI. I use cards up to 32 gigs. Since I offload after every flight, size is not an issue.
Thank you. I have no good computer to offload them to right now so I was looking for big. I will buy a couple smaller ones to get by with. I haven’t had the money for a new computer and really don’t know what I need there either.

I'm currently using an old 64 Gb Sandisk Ultra Plus that I've had for a while, and I've not had any issues with it. I've also had good luck with Everything But Stromboli cards (my current go-to for new cards; they're inexpensive and so far have proved to be good quality and reliable). Never tried 128 Gb though.

I'm currently using an old 64 Gb Sandisk Ultra Plus that I've had for a while, and I've not had any issues with it. I've also had good luck with Everything But Stromboli cards (my current go-to for new cards; they're inexpensive and so far have proved to be good quality and reliable). Never tried 128 Gb though.
Thank you. The Sandisk is readily available so I will grab one of those. How many minutes of video fit on a 64gb card? I know that depends on a lot of factors. A rough idea is all I am asking.

Be aware of the speed ratings before getting a card. Slow cards cause all kinds of problems with both recording and playback. Read your bird’s manual and make sure you get a card at least as good as the minimum’s specified.

Be aware of the speed ratings before getting a card. Slow cards cause all kinds of problems with both recording and playback. Read your bird’s manual and make sure you get a card at least as good as the minimum’s specified.
I picked up some Sandisk extreme plus 64gb ones last night for $15 each at Best Buy.

Thanks for the advice.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69