DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 Zoom Filter Wrench

KG in CT

Reactions
Hi Guys,

I was looking around for a filter wrench to make the removal and replacement of the filters a bit easier. Somehow Goggle sent me to a web page with information from a guy who made one on a 3D printer and very kindly posted all the necessary files. I grabbed them and I think I may have found a co operative local prototyping company who will print some for me.

If he doesn't ask the
great outdoors I will have him run off 20 or so of them and offer them to any here that may want them. I intend to offer them for no charge as my way of saying thanks for the kind reception and for all I've learned here in the short time I've have been a member.

This is what they will look like. Filter is NOT included of course :)

3034484763cc236f9a4cd525d60cc07f_preview_featured.jpg

Link to my post with the address of the 3D files.

Can't remove stock filter ring

Perhaps try a Vape shop, I have one of these for removing tank from the vape battery, was very inexpensive but haven’t checked the size of the filters, this one is about 23mm

IMG_0708.JPG

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
Hi Guys,

I was looking around for a filter wrench to make the removal and replacement of the filters a bit easier. Somehow Goggle sent me to a web page with information from a guy who made one on a 3D printer and very kindly posted all the necessary files. I grabbed them and I think I may have found a co operative local prototyping company who will print some for me.

If he doesn't ask the
great outdoors I will have him run off 20 or so of them and offer them to any here that may want them. I intend to offer them for no charge as my way of saying thanks for the kind reception and for all I've learned here in the short time I've have been a member.

View attachment 46162

Let me know if you get these made. I’ll take one v

Hi Guys,

If he doesn't ask the

View attachment 46162

I have a zoom also and can’t get the factory lens off either , I’m debating on returning it ( and I really don’t wanna go tru all the trouble and expense to ship it ) ,so finding a way to get it off would be awesome . this sounds like it’s just what I need I

Reactions: Ynksfan27
Yes they help with grip and aid in not marking the gimbal if you need to use a tool.

KG Thanks for the heads up. I have not tried to take the lens off of my M2Z yet. I haven't bought lenses since I bought my Quad copter. Leave me know how the wrench does for you
DC

Well guys, i have yet to hear back from the fabricating company. I will email them again. :(

Polar pro nd filters come with a wrench. I was able to remove my original cover by hand. I hand tight when puting lens cover and nd filter. I Never use the wrench in fear that I might screw up the thread.

Reactions: ff22
Hi Guys,

If he doesn't ask the great outdoors I will have him run off 20 or so of them and offer them to any here that may want them. I intend to offer them for no charge as my way of saying thanks for the kind reception and for all I've learned here in the short time I've have been a member.

View attachment 46162

That’s ingenious. I am having great difficulty removing my stock lens. I would love to ask you to send me this tool but as I am in the UK as a significant. If you wouldn’t mind sending it to me I will naturally recon p you for the postage and would be very happy to pay towards the printing of this. Do you think you can accommodate me. I will fully understand if you find it too difficult. I live in the UK and my address is
Shaw House, Smithy Lane, Utkinton, Tarporley, CW6 0LH
By the way I have no idea how old your post is and whether by now you have totally run out of these tools. Alternatively are you able to tell me where I can purchase this tool.
Sorry to present you with such a complex problem

Hi Mike, how are things across the pond? :)

I'm sorry to report that I was never able to find someone who was willing to fabricate the darn thing. You might try downloading the files and try to find someone with a 3D printer in your neck of the woods.

Bye For Now,
Kevin, In The Colonies :)

Hi Mike, how are things across the pond? :)

I'm sorry to report that I was never able to find someone who was willing to fabricate the darn thing. You might try downloading the files and try to find someone with a 3D printer in your neck of the woods.

Bye For Now,
Kevin, In The Colonies :)
As I suspected given. You may be in the colonies but we are in the dark ages. I don’t know anybody who’s even heard of a 3-D printer never mind possesses one. But thanks for letting me know so quickly. No matter how hard I try (and I’ve watched all the videos) I can’t undo my lens. I’ll try and buy a filter set which includes a tool to remove the lens. By the way do you know of any filter set (which is reasonably good) and includes the tool?

Hi again Mike, my understanding is that the PolarPro line includes a filter wrench with the M2 Zoom filters.

Hi again Mike, my understanding is that the PolarPro line includes a filter wrench with the M2 Zoom filters.
Many thanks. Is there any other way I can buy a filter wrench. I didn’t want to have to buy Polar pro filters as they are very expensive

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929