DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2 Zoom top speed in sport mode is 20MPH

DVPOWERS

Reactions
I need a little help because DJI help is no help at all. My top speed in sport mode is around 20MPH. It should be around 40MPH. No headwind, no nothing. I receive a message on the smart controller: Obstacle avoidance temporary error (see attached photo). My sensors are clean. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201105_115731low rez.jpg
    20201105_115731low rez.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 25
I need a little help because DJI help is no help at all. My top speed in sport mode is around 20MPH. It should be around 40MPH. No headwind, no nothing. I receive a message on the smart controller: Obstacle avoidance temporary error (see attached photo). My sensors are clean. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
That is a normal message when going to sports mode, as O/A is shut off. Your problem lies elsewhere. :) All I can say is make sure you in P mode on arming and then go to sports mode, doesn't seem to be your issue... have you tried flying in opposite directions?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The explanation is probably to be found in your recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

That is a normal message when going to sports mode, as O/A is shut off. Your problem lies elsewhere. :) All I can say is make sure you in P mode on arming and then go to sports mode, doesn't seem to be your issue... have you tried flying in opposite directions?
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have tried flying backwards, still the same problem.

It's true that sport mode disables OA, but that doesn't look like a normal message indicating that when it ends with the word "error"

I once had an update turn off the flight modes on me. I noticed it while trying to change to tripod mode, it was slower but not the correct speed. I found that the modes were disabled in the setup. I re-enabled it and all speeds were back to normal. I don't know that has anything to do with your case, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure it is switched on. I don't remember the correct key presses off hand, and I am not at home right now to check, but I remember I found it pretty easily. I was surprised the speeds changed at all, but they did. Sport mode was slower than it should be, and tripod was about 3 times the speed it should be. By the way, I was using the Smart Controller so yours may be completely different.

Last edited:
I once had an update turn off the flight modes on me.
What you are describing is that the update reset some settings back to factory default values.
One of these is the Enable Multiple Flight Modes setting.
After this you need to enable the setting in the app settings to have access to other flight modes such as SPort Mode.
That could well be the cause of the OP's issue.
It would be easy to confirm this in his flight data.
Or he could check that setting and if necessary, enable Multiple Flight Modes again.

Reactions: KB9Radio
It's true that sport mode disables OA, but that doesn't look like a normal message indicating that when it ends with the word "error"
Yeah what are you going to do it's DJI, but I can assure you I see it if O/A is on and switch to "Sports mode" or requested on my M2Z. Kinda freaked me out too. I have my O/A switched to "C2" so not sure if that is what drives it?

What you are describing is that the update reset some settings back to factory default values.
One of these is the Enable Multiple Flight Modes setting.
After this you need to enable the setting in the app settings to have access to other flight modes such as SPort Mode.
That could well be the cause of the OP's issue.
It would be easy to confirm this in his flight data.
Or he could check that setting and if necessary, enable Multiple Flight Modes again.
I would say that your on to something, but his screen does say "Sport Mode". If Multiple Flight Modes wasn't engaged it would give a message to that effect when he switched over...at least that is how I remember it? However toggling it off then on wouldn't hurt either :) I think having you guys check his logs is the definitive answer.

Last edited:
I think having you guys check his logs is the definitive answer.
The OP doesn't seem interested in checking flight data.
One other possibility is that he's launching in Sport Mode (but it's not really Sport Mode).
The drone should be launched in Normal Mode and switched to Sport Mode after launching

The OP doesn't seem interested in checking flight data.
One other possibility is that he's launching in Sport Mode (but it's not really Sport Mode).
The drone should be launched in Normal Mode and switched to Sport Mode after launching
I went there in post #2 :p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy