DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2EAdvanced cannot take a picture zoomed in?

Bigmurph762

Reactions
I use this drone for inspections. I take 60 or so pictures a day. All have to be timestamped. So I get this drone. It has zoom and timestamp. Now...i have paid almost $7000 for a drone that cannot process a zoomed in picture??? All of my pictures turn out as if I took them at 1x even though I am zoomed in. I cant crop the pics because then I crop out the timestamp

frustrating.

I’m not a fan of digital zoom, Lightroom & PS will do a much better quality zoom but I understand yr problem, u then trim of the time stamp. You can copy paste the time stamp but far from perfect. You can copy the metadata text ( just the time & lat/long) then paste as a new text layer. But all these things take time, very frustrating. I agree that the Enterprise has unnecessary designed in limitations like the camera control.

Yeha I don't get it. Its one of the features they use to market this drone. Get data from a safe distance...with zoom. Except you cant capture that data? I feel like even a handheld camera you can buy at walmart for &150 with digital zoom can do this.

Checkout this video, it might be a compromise solution for you.
BTW I have the Enterprise Dual and it is exactly the same issue.

Last edited:
I appreciate the reply and info. It's just not practical for me to do this. I am not going to be taking pictures from the same angle or level of zoom or in the same way every time. So I'd need to crop/resize each one individually anyway. I think I'm just gonna go back to climbing the **** towers :(

You should snag this with DJI, state of the art enterprise level drone that falls flat in a very basic area. I’d be P.... off if I were u. They’re desperately trying to protect their high end market (new $10k m300) by limiting very handy tools like the M2EA

I appreciate the reply and info. It's just not practical for me to do this. I am not going to be taking pictures from the same angle or level of zoom or in the same way every time. So I'd need to crop/resize each one individually anyway. I think I'm just gonna go back to climbing the **** towers
You should snag this with DJI, state of the art enterprise level drone that falls flat in a very basic area. I’d be P.... off if I were u. They’re desperately trying to protect their high end market (new $10k m300) by limiting very handy tools like the M2EA

So does the M300 actually process zoomed pictures? This kinda makes me want to return the drone and try autels Evo II

I appreciate the reply and info. It's just not practical for me to do this. I am not going to be taking pictures from the same angle or level of zoom or in the same way every time. So I'd need to crop/resize each one individually anyway. I think I'm just gonna go back to climbing the **** towers

So does the M300 actually process zoomed pictures? This kinda makes me want to return the drone and try autels Evo II

Neither the Autel nor the DJI M2EA have optical zoom - they are digitally cropping the 48 MP modified Bayer sensor to achieve zoom. That's why it makes no sense to throw away the rest of the image when saving, and it leaves you far more flexibility to choose FOV afterwards. The M300 has various payload options with optical zoom, and obviously with optical zoom the saved image is the zoomed image.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. If I wanted a full image I'd...just take a full image. If I'm zooming in AND taking a picture, it's obvious I'm only concerned about what's in the frame. This is like going to a tailor and requesting your 34" trousers be tailored to fit a a 32" waist and the seamstress just handing you scissors, needle and thread and saying "have at it". Like...wtf did I pay you for?

Yes M300 can take a 30x optical zoom camera designed specifically to do close inspections. But price wise its heavy going, m300 is $10K without the camera. You can use a choice of camera depending on your needs but the Zenmus Z30 does have up to 30 times optical zoom. Plus all the other bits and pieces you need for a safe and reliable operation, its a big investment. DJI is limiting the capability of the Mavic 2 Enterprise group so people will still by the high end. We just have to depend on third parties to catch up to DJI, unfortunatly they have a long way to go

Last edited:
I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. If I wanted a full image I'd...just take a full image. If I'm zooming in AND taking a picture, it's obvious I'm only concerned about what's in the frame. This is like going to a tailor and requesting your 34" trousers be tailored to fit a a 32" waist and the seamstress just handing you scissors, needle and thread and saying "have at it". Like...wtf did I pay you for?
The problem is clearly that it doesn't make sense to you.

I think I'm just gonna go back to climbing the **** towers :(
That is definitely your best option.

I appreciate the reply and info. It's just not practical for me to do this. I am not going to be taking pictures from the same angle or level of zoom or in the same way every time. So I'd need to crop/resize each one individually anyway. I think I'm just gonna go back to climbing the **** towers :(
Yes you can crop/resize images individually if you need to. After croping is done you can in one operation add timestamps to those cropped images.

If you learn to take pictures the same way you can even crop all of them in one operation. Try using lines # and shoot what is in center rectangle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser