DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2ED camera issue

lencomm

Reactions
I filmed my sons football game last weekend which involved hovering for most of the battery and recording long videos. It was sunny with temps in the mid 80's. When I viewed the footage at home there were several 2-8 second or longer intervals where the video freezes. Then it resumes for 30 seconds to a minute then freezes again. These are ~5min videos and about a third of each video is frozen. No errors popped up in app and it was a Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB U3 chip that I was recording to. This weekend I was at the coast filming grey whales which involved similar conditions; long hovers, long recordings, etc except it was cooler, steady 10mph breeze and no problems with the video. I suspect a heat issue but I'm not sure. Anybody out there experience something similar or have any insight? Thanks.

It very well could have been heat related. Filming long segments of 4K can heat up the camera as it is, couple that with being stationary would have made the problem even worse. I have not personally experienced this issue on my M2ED but I think your assumption may be correct, the system needs that air movement to cool the system.

Well if it is the heat I must admit I'm disappointed as it was well within their specs. At any rate, I'll see what DJI has to say. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair