Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2ED in both IR and MSX modes with isotherm

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual thermal test in both IR and MSX modes with isotherm. Although it understandably doesn't have the capability of my DJI Inspire with the Zenmuse XT FLIR camera, this is still quite impressive. Max range for thermal on a human appears to be a little over a 100 ft, but I think it will do better if I dial in the isotherm range.

Very nice, That's better than I have ever been able to do with mine. I haven't messed around with it a lot but it looks like yours is dialed in pretty good. Care to share your isotherm settings?

Can you mount a DJI thermal camera on an inspire 2? I want to get a thermal drone but a matrice is way out of my price range

Can you mount a DJI thermal camera on an inspire 2?
No

I want to get a thermal drone but a matrice is way out of my price range
Depending on your budget or customer needs, there are following possibilities:

- Inspire 1 and Zenmuse XT (336 or 640 / R versions)
- Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual (low cost, low resolution FLIR camera)
- DIY thermal cam such as FLIR Vue Pro / FLIR Dual Pro R with 3rd party mount on an Inspire 2
- other brands such as ANAFI thermal

Good luck

I was thinking of starting a part time drone inspection company. And aerial thermal inspection sounds interesting. Like doing thermals of peoples houses to see where heat is escaping or other things like that. Could the mavic enterprise handle that role?

DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual thermal test in both IR and MSX modes with isotherm. Although it understandably doesn't have the capability of my DJI Inspire with the Zenmuse XT FLIR camera, this is still quite impressive. Max range for thermal on a human appears to be a little over a 100 ft, but I think it will do better if I dial in the isotherm range.

Very impressive video. Could you share with us which palette and which (if any) isotherm settings you were using? And the approximate outside temperature?

Very nicely done. Like several others, I am wondering what your isotherm levels were. I have seen videos where you can choose a setting of “All”, “People” or “Fire,” but I’ve not been able to locate that in the same location on my M2ED.

Anyone have any suggestions?

How do you limit the temp to living temp range? I noticed you had a little bit of "hot trees" at certain points in the video, is there a way to keep the trees from showing up like that?

I have little experience but I just launched my M2EA, hit the palette icon that brought up a low and high temp range, I set the low to 80F and the high to 200F and then scanned the forest. My trees were showing up orange and sometimes red for some reason. It's below freezing here and snow is everywhere, and the sun is behind the clouds. Not sure if I'm doing it right.

You are talking about the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced right?

How are you setting temperature range/gain? I own one and have been crying about the lack of this feature forever.

To answer your question, if the trees are the hottest object in your field of view, then they would have the color associated with the hottest color on your palette. It is all relative.

So please tell me how you were able to set the temperature to 80 low and 200 high. I'd be highly thankful for a screenshot and instructions.

You are talking about the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced right?

How are you setting temperature range/gain? I own one and have been crying about the lack of this feature forever.

To answer your question, if the trees are the hottest object in your field of view, then they would have the color associated with the hottest color on your palette. It is all relative.

So please tell me how you were able to set the temperature to 80 low and 200 high. I'd be highly thankful for a screenshot and instructions.

Actually I got that wrong. I have a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. I wish I had the M2EA.

I'm on the road but when I get back to the drone I'll see about some screenshots. But in the Pilot app in the upper right hand section is a little paint palette icon. Click that and then maybe one more icon that is brought up (can't remember) and you'll get a slider with a low temp and a high temp that you can adjust. When I did that and set it into white hot rather than rainbow it started showing me what I wanted it to show.

Pilots designate specific temperature ranges, due to a custom color palette. This is chiefly done so that objects within the range relay higher contrast and visibility. This feature includes custom profiles in order to aid search and rescue pilots. In addition, it helps firefighters identify hot spots in fires.

If the M2ED can do this, and the M2EA cannot, that would be nuts.

If the M2ED can do this, and the M2EA cannot, that would be nuts.
It is nuts. It cannot do it. I can work around it, but would rather have it.

I do not think a firmware update will come to add it as the Mavic 3T is now their small form thermal solution.

• Wow
Reactions: Disloyal Customer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS