DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2ED IR & MSX image does not show Spot Meter Temp

NJM

Reactions
Hi, Ive Just purchased the M2ED and discovered the spot meter temp isn't recorded on the image. The spot meter temp shows on the Crystalsky screen but not on the image when viewed post flight. Is this correct or do I have I change a setting?

FYI: I have the latest firmware installed

Any help or thought would be appreciated

I don't know about the M2ED but there are some settings for captions on for the Mavic Air 2 (DJI Fly app). Possibly there may be a similar setting for the radiometric to show on the recorded media for you drone?

I don't know about the M2ED but there are some settings for captions on for the Mavic Air 2 (DJI Fly app). Possibly there may be a similar setting for the radiometric to show on the recorded media for you drone?
To clarify, with closed captions enabled, the metadata would then be in an .SRT sidecar file, recorded at the same time as the same named video file, and then subtitles need to be enabled for overlay of the metadata over the video during playback.

Is this correct or do I have I change a setting?
One of the biggest drawbacks of the M2ED is the fact that DJI does not use the Radiometric data in the images or footage created. The FLIR Lepton sensor is capable to use the Radiometric data and could be used to create RJPG files - but DJI did disable that feature for whatever reason.

Hi, Ive Just purchased the M2ED and discovered the spot meter temp isn't recorded on the image. The spot meter temp shows on the Crystalsky screen but not on the image when viewed post flight. Is this correct or do I have I change a setting?

FYI: I have the latest firmware installed

Any help or thought would be appreciated
I have seen this question/problem before. For what it is worth the best solution I have found and I believe the simplest, is to take a screen shot when the data you are seeing is what you want to have access to. Then in post or package content deliverable(s) you can add the data in text form showing the what, when and etc. Hope this can be of help.

I have seen this question/problem before. For what it is worth the best solution I have found and I believe the simplest, is to take a screen shot when the data you are seeing is what you want to have access to. Then in post or package content deliverable(s) you can add the data in text form showing the what, when and etc. Hope this can be of help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett