DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P 1" drama.. or is it? Either way, amazing colours

So, kept getting links sent through on the line skipping, 1"not being used etc, etc.
Here is what I found.. or didn't ..
One of the key issues here is that its impossible to test a lens on a scene WITHOUT compensating for its focal legnth or magnification factor. This is confusing allot of people that dont understand how lense testing works or the science behind it. If you are testing a 24mm lens at 50 feet from a wall....you absolutely can't keep an 85mm lens at the exact same 50ft distance!. You MUST move that 85mm BACK to calibrate its feild of view. We are testing resolutuon,...not is "magnification" factor. A telescope does NOT have a higher "resolution" than a 24mm lens...it only puts your field of view closer. Any test between two different lenses that does NOT physically calibrate their field of view is a completely dead test. I had a guy tell me via email that a 100mm lens has "four times" the resolution of a 25mm lens!!! He tried to tell me that because a 100mm is zoomed in, its resolution was higher because you can "see more details" than a 25mm lens!!. I didnt reply to him. I was thinking: "OMG...there are some really ignorant drone flyers out there"

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123