DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Bag for M1P drone

Drone on

Reactions
For whatever reason, I have always liked the DJI bag with the MP1. I don't prefer the bag because of it's travel portability. I have only traveled on an airline with it a couple of times. It was great to travel with as I don't have to worry about baggage handlers, and it slides right under the seat in front of me. easy peasey

I guess I just like the compact nature of it. Everything I need is right there in one concise package. The MP1, controller, lens cloth, extra SD card, cable, and spare batteries. I slide my ipad mini into the front pocket, and use the two zippers and flap to secure the mini. All of that in one easy to carry camera bag. Very minimalistic. I like it.

If there is anyone thing I don't care for about it, it is that at times it can be a little challenging to get the drone and controller in; easily. It's not hard, but at times it seems like I have to take extra precautions; especially with the props. I know there are prop guards. I have a set, and they work great, but I don't use them because I want to be up and flying as quickly as possible, and it's just one more thing.

Recently, I got the idea of using an M2P bag for the MP1 drone. It's a little bit bigger, and thought that should make life easier. I bought one of the gazillion available. They are cheap because many people don't like the bag. I paid less than $30 delivered. On DJI' site, they are listed at $139; the last time I checked

The bag is larger than the MP1 bag, but not gigantic, and yet there is a lot more room. Now, it is super easy to slide the drone and the controller in. The side pockets are larger than the MP1 side pockets, also. So, getting the spare batteries in and out is easier.

The front pocket houses my ipad mini better than the MP1 bag did as the M2P bag is about 1/2" taller, so the flap no longer is an overhang because of the ipad mini.

There is only one drawback. The M2P front pocket only uses one zipper. The M1P used two. I inserted a safety pin on one side to secure that side, and the one zipper up 1/2 way. This gives extra security to prevent the ipad mini from falling out. This one drawback is no biggie. With the flap down, the safety pin is not necessary, but it adds peace of mind.

The extra room of the M2P bag versus the MP1 is nice, real nice.

If you too prefer the DJI bag with your MP1 drone, consider swapping it out for the M2P bag. They're cheap and plentiful.

Oh, and the over the shoulder strap is better with the M2P bag, much better.

Treat your MP1 to an upgrade. Use the M2P bag.

Last edited:
Got to agree the MP1 bag can be a challenge at times, they could have given it an extra ½”, would have made a big difference but still be very portable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929