DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P crashed filmed

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
We are many who during our time as novices in drone flying have crashed more or less seriously,
but it's not that often we catch a crash on film if it's not an intentional crash now
to see what the drone can withstand.

Mavic 2 Pro is a sturdy and well-built drone that survives many crashes,
Usually with just one or a few broken props, here is a short video showing a real crash.

I brushed away some gravel and then I flew again.

I train hard to improve my ability to handle the drone at higher speeds and in crowded positions,
flight in the forest etc and for the pure pleasure of flying a little more advanced.
I fly with most sensors turned off.

This flight, where I set up my mobile phone on a tripod to be able to analyze my flight afterwards, was not what I imagined.

Thick winter gloves due to cold do not make handling joysticks quite easy, hence this crash.

PS.
The video is a bit rudimentary, I'm in the process of learning Filmora 9 for video editing.
DS.

Sorry, not quite sure about all the settings on Youtube, but it seems to work if you click on, show on Youtube.

No intentional effect on my part, would rather want to upload my videos from any of my own web sites than using YouTube, unfortunately it is not allowed.
No problem TTP . . . we'll help with views too! You are one of us. Man, I did that once indoors trying to land and pushed both sticks down (brain dead) and slammed right into the wall. I know how you feel . . .

What was the total damage?

Was the bottom sensor is turned off?

Last edited:
As the greatgrandkids would say, OWeeey. OK kid, brush it off and go back and play. Happy ending though, not even a Bandaid ?

Quite the tumble !!
Glad there was no damage for you.

What happened, did you accidentally pull left stick down ? (default Mode 2)

Most was probably due to,
thick winter gloves due to cold do not make handling joysticks quite easy, hence this crash,
but I flew probably to low, requires more skill, more practice is needed.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Winter gloves ?? What are these things ? Lol.
We do get some places where you can use them, but mostly gloves are not part of an Australian wardrobe contents :p

North and South, we are now in for the winter, the skis on, and you surf more than ever

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
North and South, we are now in for the winter, the skis on, and you surf more than ever
this was indeed most likely the human error, but, be aware that in the severe cold if your lipo was also very cold before the flight the battery voltage can sag down dramatically under hi current load, so, that also can look like as a sudden drop from the sky after giving full throttle for max horizontal speed. just make sure lipos are always kept in your pocket or warmer place before you put them into the drone.

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe but crashing for the sake of crashing? It seems very illogical and down right risky. That's a lot of money to smash into the ground. We all want and need to be better Pilots. I do not think that this is the way to do it. I would rather stay airborne and try to avoid and and all mistakes. Do they happen yes they do but keeping your bird in the air is on you. I don't want to ding up my Air or Spark. I like clean and shiny. Good luck to you.

As I wrote in the post,
I train hard to improve my ability to handle the drone at higher speeds and in crowded positions,
flight in the forest etc and for the pure pleasure of flying a little more advanced.

I fly with most sensors turned off.
but I flew probably to low, requires more skill, more practice is needed.

I was well into my flying exercises, so the drone and the battery were perfectly OK.

But no gain without pain.

It costs to be on top.

this was indeed most likely the human error, but, be aware that in the severe cold if your lipo was also very cold before the flight the battery voltage can sag down dramatically under hi current load, so, that also can look like as a sudden drop from the sky after giving full throttle for max horizontal speed. just make sure lipos are always kept in your pocket or warmer place before you put them into the drone.

Having the batteries near your body to keep them warm is a very sensible piece of advice that I always follow when it's cold.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929