DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Gimbal Yaw and Roll Issue

AlexGunther

Reactions
Hello fellow flyers!

First post here! I hope I do this right and I get a response quickly. I am going to keep it short and sweet.

The gimbal tilts around 2-5 degrees clockwise when I fly left or right. It slowly goes clockwise as the drone speeds up and this problem only started about 3 weeks ago. I should also note that the gimbal SLOWLY returns to level after I stop moving and hover in around 5-8 seconds. I have no physical damage to my drone and have not crashed it before as I have lost a drone before and now I'm ultra-safe with this one.

I have tried the following:
  1. Gimbal Auto-Calibration
  2. IMU Cal.
  3. Compass Cal.
  4. Format SD card
  5. Format Internal Storage
  6. RC Cal.
  7. Camera reset
  8. Refresh FW
  9. Downgrade FW once
  10. Downgrade FW to 2 versions ago
I have no idea what on earth is causing this issue. Any comments and fixes are welcome. This is drone breaking and I use this to make a living.

Alex Gunther

When you say "tilt", do you mean at an angle to the side (not up or down)?

This probably isn't, because you would get a tilt to either side depending on which direction of a bank your making, but you might check the Gimbal Operation Modes on pg 37. FPV vs. Follow mode. Toggle it back and forth to see if it makes a difference.

Chris

Reactions: AlexGunther
When you say "tilt", do you mean at an angle to the side (not up or down)?

This probably isn't, because you would get a tilt to either side depending on which direction of a bank your making, but you might check the Gimbal Operation Modes on pg 37. FPV vs. Follow mode. Toggle it back and forth to see if it makes a difference.

Chris

Hi Chris,

TIlt as in roll and yaw, not up and down or left and right. I'm not sure what axis that is. The rest of the drone operates perfectly. That did not work switching back and forth, unfortunately. I have no idea why it will not work for me, let me send a video.

This is me with the drone on the floor picking up the left feet so it's perfectly leaning to the right. Watch closely.

TIA

I must of viewed the video 10 times trying to fiqure out if it's mechanical or firmware. I tend to think it's mechanical...

Reactions: AlexGunther
Hello guys,

I have contacted DJI for an answer but I they give me the same answer every time, you know how contacting them goes. If it is mechanical, I will be near a dronedoctor in Brighton next week where I will see if they can fix the issue.

I have recorded further videos where it is much easier to see the issues at hand.

3 new photos by Alex Gunther
New video by Alex Gunther

I show you all my settings in the video and you can see the IMU control and compass are calibrated properly.

Thank you,

Alex Gunther

I must of viewed the video 10 times trying to fiqure out if it's mechanical or firmware. I tend to think it's mechanical...

Thank you for your thorough look through, please look at my new videos for a better look.

Also, I have already mentioned this but if you look closely, you will see that no matter if I fly left or right, the gimbal rolls clockwise. Really weird, any advise helps!

Alex Gunther

Unfortunately, I have also entered this "club" of this incident ...
As of today DJI ... Do not know or answer ....
In my case, it manifests itself mainly in Sport mode, in lateral displacements and making Waypoints or some intelligent mode that requires camera and gimbal.
And, randomly, .. the appearance of the message .. "Stabilizer motor overload".
The camera and the gimbal (not so .. the message of the overload) return to "normal" .. if you run: camera down and camera up .. or order RTH at the time of the incident ...
Once, ( there were few )the aircraft did not obey the orders of the RC command when it was suffering this incident ... Dangerous moment ..

Hi Alex, did you ever solve this? i've just found this thread because my M2P is doing exactly the same thing. It's definitely not right no matter what adjustments you make to the gimbal settings.

Hi Alex, did you ever solve this? i've just found this thread because my M2P is doing exactly the same thing. It's definitely not right no matter what adjustments you make to the gimbal settings.
Unfortunately no... I sent it all the way from London, England, to my house in Ottawa which sent it to an authorized repair in Toronto, which sent it to a larger repair center in California, then sent it all the way back to Toronto, back to Ottawa, my family sent it to France and it's been stuck at customs for a week. Kill me. Long story short, no, send it in for repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent