DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P Navigation System Error - Unable to connect GPS

ToniMacaroni

Reactions
Site
dragonrecon.com.au
Experienced M2P, happy with tech breakdown and reassemble - However, I am unable to resolve 'Navigation System Error' Please help.

Aircraft (AC) has been a great workhorse, but today I returned from a flight, prepared for the next flight replacing it with a fresh battery, powered up was and unable to connect GPS. 'Navigation system error' message on Smart Controller - Never happened before.

1. Current firmware on RC (...0064) and AC (00...770) Using Smart Controller and Have tried Standard RC
2. Vision system calibration successfully, no issues.
3. Unable to review any normal or advanced flight details using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic
4. Uninstalled and reinstalled App - No Change. Firmware correct, Flight Details unavailable, Vision System/IMU Callibrated successfully
5. Disassemble AC, re-installed replacement GPS module - no change.
6. AC powers up with clear vision system, will not take off - Error Message 'Navigation System Error'.
7. IMU and Compass readings normal.
8. Also tried down grounding firmware with no change.

I'm bamboozled as to what other action I can take before sending to DJI.
Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Justin

Try this (just guessing) reformat the internal storage. Try a different SD card and reformat that. Clear all the cache.
Try an update of the standard controller and then a drone update.
Is there anything on the internal storage now?

Reactions: kidroc
Thanks for your response Fizzbang, greatly appreciated.
Interesting approach. Ill make these changes and update later this evening.
Smart Controller has an incredible display with good integration capabilities, but christ its a pain in the *** with firmware updates and IOS/OS compatibility - Original remote is reliable, forced to use this with DroneDeploy for mapping - STUPID.

Thanks again for your response, more to follow.

Justin

Unfortunately no success.
Swapped GPS unit to another unit and proved function, gps cable may be the issue though Ive been unable to prove that yet. Replaced cable, unable to calibrate camera/imu. Sensors Right and Left are actively ready to calibrate, the main camera not functioning, all lights switch OFF at the calibration start point. Unusual operations.

Downgrading firmware and will progressively update to the latest version 0770.
As discussed; 1. Reformatted internal Hard Drive using Windows platform, confirmed disk condition was healthy
2. Reformatted SD card, replaced with new one - no change
3. Remote controllers hold current firmware
4. Replaced GPS cable - Worse

Purchased GPS Module and Cable, installing this evening. Hope this helps others out, or, is you've experienced this challenge and solved it, please help.

No disrespect to the DJI team, the turnaround time is usually more efficient with less costly outcomes. That said, my little fella might be heading that way soon.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Justin

Unfortunately no success.
Swapped GPS unit to another unit and proved function, gps cable may be the issue though Ive been unable to prove that yet. Replaced cable, unable to calibrate camera/imu. Sensors Right and Left are actively ready to calibrate, the main camera not functioning, all lights switch OFF at the calibration start point. Unusual operations.

Downgrading firmware and will progressively update to the latest version 0770.
As discussed; 1. Reformatted internal Hard Drive using Windows platform, confirmed disk condition was healthy
2. Reformatted SD card, replaced with new one - no change
3. Remote controllers hold current firmware
4. Replaced GPS cable - Worse

Purchased GPS Module and Cable, installing this evening. Hope this helps others out, or, is you've experienced this challenge and solved it, please help.

No disrespect to the DJI team, the turnaround time is usually more efficient with less costly outcomes. That said, my little fella might be heading that way soon.

Thanks in advance for any support.

Justin
Sorry to hear its not working out. Annoying isn't it.

I have 4 Mavic 2 Pro drones; 4 controllers; and 8 batteries.
Three sets of controller; drone; and batteries; all updated perfectly text book; but one drone body no matter with what controller and/or battery; cables or software; simply would not update the firmware.

After months of trying everything I could think of. I gave it a rest for several months and thought I would just disassemble it and use it for spares.
I had been swapping the zoom and pro, cameras and gimbals so I thought I would just swap things back to how they were.

I removed the gimbal so its just the bare drone and used "Assistant 2 for Mavic" and tried an update.

Got the now familiar, inconsistent firmware message and update failed at 20%. Tried again and got the No Fly-zone update which completed.
But does that mean the firmware update is complete? or just the No Fly-zone update.

Plugged the controller in and updated that.
Left the controller switched on.
Updated the drone and the update worked successfully. Albeit not quite right. From then on everything was downhill.
Reattached the camera; updated calibrated the gimbal. Refreshed the firmware etc.
I did nothing except remove the camera and update the firmware.
Somewhere in there though I used "Assistant 2" not "Assistant 2 for Mavic" and did a reset to factory default.
So I am not sure exactly what caused the progress from something which would not update to final success.
All 4 sets are now up to date and working correctly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada