DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2P - STOPPING UPWARD OBSTRUCTION?

Photolounge

Reactions
Anyone got any ideas about how to turn off or get around the "UPWARD OBSTRUCTION" LIMIT. even with all sensors turned off except "downward positioning" M2P stops at about 2 foot away from upward obstacle

I have been flying a lot with all sensors off except "downward positioning" but need to be able to get a little close to obstructions above.

any suggestions welcome

I can't help with your settings because I do not own a M2, but I can offer a caution about getting close to an upward obstacle. If it is something flat and solid like a ceiling and you get too close it will suck itself to it.

Here are three options (checked on MP2):

1. Switch to sport mode

2. in the parameter settings (debug mode) change "g_config_flying_limit_roof_limit_enable" from 1 to 0

3. use black PVC-tape, like tesa 56192, and tape the right half of
the sensor window
blackout.png

Anyone got any ideas about how to turn off or get around the "UPWARD OBSTRUCTION" LIMIT. even with all sensors turned off except "downward positioning" M2P stops at about 2 foot away from upward obstacle

I have been flying a lot with all sensors off except "downward positioning" but need to be able to get a little close to obstructions above.

any suggestions welcome

Just put a piece of tape on the infrared sensor!
Other than the downward infrared sensor the upward sensor doesn't give a warning if covered.
I do that all the time when flying indoors...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu