DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Pro Controller questions

GGehret

Reactions
Hello, I have an M2Pro and the Smart Controller since last spring and the comb works great. I also wanted to have the regular controller as a backup and I bought an excellent used one. My question is: if and when I go to link the regular controller up to my bird, will it lose the link to the Smart controller? I'd like to switch back and forth now and then and not have to re-link each controller every time. And, BTW, I am NOT talking about using both controllesr at the same time. I know that wouldn't be possible.
Thanks,.

Link is link. Once the aircraft is linked to a particular controller, it won’t recognize the other one.

Duel Controller setup, you can use 2 controllers at the same time,, set SC as primary controller and STD controller as slave or whatever it says it is, think you need to get your facts right Starz before giving out false information.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
Is not then the slave controller limited in it’s abilities???

only some menu settings you cant change but flying is just the same, the main remote will override inputs I believe if whoever is flying on the slave remote makes a cockup, I only use the slave remote with an iPad on it so as to have the map showing without having to switch screens on the SC, plus its nice to have telemetry still showing on the STD remote should the SC fail for whatever reason.

For some reason, I had it in my head that there were other limitations as in range. Thanks for the correction!

There are a couple of reasons for having two controllers in use at the same time.

1. Training: The master controller can override the slave controller at any time. Your student would use the slave, instructor would be using the master.

2. Photography: Sometimes the pilot is busy flying the bird while the second controller can concentrate on the photography or video aspects.

Another reason to have both controllers linked to the drone at the same time is being able to show a friend or client what the camera sees without having to look over your shoulder. They could even stay 6 feet away and wear a mask.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocko42