DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Pro Lost - Phuket Thailand

Sir Maxwell Greene

Reactions
Lost/ Fly away M2Pro drone on the 'Big Buddah" mountain in Phuket. I know the exact location, according to the find my drone app. Anyone in the area want to assist me retrieving it?
Its in the deeper part of the jungle, so will take some skill/time to get it back.

2023-01-10 15_34_01-2022_11_29_06_58_04.mp4.pngWhatsApp Image 2023-01-10 at 3.31.14 PM.jpeg

I know the exact location, according to the find my drone app.
FMD might (or might not) show where the drone ended up.
If you'd like someone to go over the flight data and confirm whether the FMD location is the correct place to search and find the cause of the incident, post your flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides .. or just post the .txt file.

FMD might (or might not) show where the drone ended up.
If you'd like someone to go over the flight data and confirm whether the FMD location is the correct place to search and find the cause of the incident, post your flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides .. or just post the .txt file.
Cheers for that. I'll see if i can get to it and report back. I'm pretty sure it is where it says it is, i was on for a little while so i was able to capture details from the app as well as google maps. However, ive never really delved into the flight records, keen to give it a go. thanks again.

I am curious, why, with the battery getting that low, where you making the manoeuvres that you appear to be commanding and not bringing the drone 'home'?

Here we go:
The Find My Drone location should be good as the drone was not still in flight and not going further when signal was lost.
It was autolanding and appears to have come to rest in a tree 110 metres south of the launch point.

When signal was lost the drone was about 3 metres below the point where it first hit tree branches.
The location is 7.82640 98.31384.

Drones have an ability to hide in trees so look hard around that location.
Good Luck finding it.

Last edited:
The Find My Drone location should be good as the drone was not still in flight and going further when signal was lost.
It was autolanding and appears to have come to rest in a tree 110 metres south of the launch point.

When signal was lost the drone was about 3 metres below the point where it first hit tree branches.
The location is 7.82640 98.31384.

Drones have an ability to hide in trees so look hard around that location.
Good Luck finding it.
Thank you so much for your insight, it sounds like the drone has fallen out of the trees and probably on the ground. Hopefully i can retrieve it sometime soon.

I am curious, why, with the battery getting that low, where you making the manoeuvres that you appear to be commanding and not bringing the drone 'home'?
It was right after sunrise and the mist was rolling up and over the mountain. So it was patchy for the most part. Mainly i would say it was my error that it ended up crashing.
The RTH came up and i think i cancelled it- thinking there was plenty of time also the drone was not far off, so i wanted to bring the bird back in manually...people had started to amass nearby and i panicked a little as i could not see the drone above through the mist. I'd say im pretty experienced- flying in dense cities and whatnot, but ****, this one got me.

Anyways, not seeing the drone through the mist above, i heard a drone off to my left, i started walking over to the left side,(that is to the front steps of the big Buddah), then yes! I spotted the drone above flying directly towards the giant statue...but the drone was unresponsive to my controls! and i thought oh **** its going to fly directly into the Buddah...turns out it was someone elses drone. Bummer, by the time realized that, my bird had settled in the tree's and i had to give up not being prepared for a jungle trek right then and there + also its a very busy tourist area and security would be out soon, so retrieval today wouldn't have been possible.

Attachments

• 2023-01-11 01_09_59-2022_11_29_06_53_04.mp4.png
    2023-01-11 01_09_59-2022_11_29_06_53_04.mp4.png
    346.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2023-01-11 01_10_20-2022_11_29_06_43_31.mp4.png
    2023-01-11 01_10_20-2022_11_29_06_43_31.mp4.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I wouldn't bet on it being on the ground.
Anything is possible up there, the bush is pretty dense there, also this happened a few weeks ago and there have been a few big storms happening. I will only be able to get down there again in a couple of weeks again...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007