DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z firmware won’t update

mrhinman

Reactions
Using iOS and I keep getting firmware update failures. Top that off with how I lose the image on my device with the aircraft sitting on the ground right in front of me. Any tips to a new DJI owner?

My first update on my M2P I had to do through the DJI Assistant 2. I couldn't get it to go over mobile device. It's a common problem .

Less problematic using assistant 2. I use this method for all my drones. You need to atleast be familiar with this method. If something happens in the middle of update using DJI GO app, you may have to resort to using this method.

I third, fourth, whatever DJI Assistant 2. I had a very frustrating first few hours with my M2Z.

Another trick I learned: plug device into the USB with Asst 2 running, THEN power up the devices (Remote or drone, must be done separately). That was they are recognized the moment they power on. That was the only way my system would recognize either of them. Plugging a powered-on device into the computer would never recognize.

I had same problem today doing update, new zoom, i finally figured out that the cable from controller to my Samsung s8 was bunching up in the controller handle causing it not to make a good connection. i pulled my phone about 1/2 down from controller and all is great. Use your normal charging cord to connect them without putting phone in holder to see if that could be your problem too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242