DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M2Z Video Not Centered in Direction of Flight

jelarv

Reactions
Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I'm not sure where to start. When I fly my M2Z and have the right stick pointing straight forward the video will show the drone drifting to the right, where objects further away will slowly move to the left on the screen. Is this something I calibrate with the controller, or the drone or send it in for repairs or just accept it as it is? Thanks!

Reactions: E90RAW
Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I'm not sure where to start. When I fly my M2Z and have the right stick pointing straight forward the video will show the drone drifting to the right, where objects further away will slowly move to the left on the screen. Is this something I calibrate with the controller, or the drone or send it in for repairs or just accept it as it is? Thanks!
Swipe your finger across the SC to straighten it out.

Ummm..are you saying that the aircraft itself is learing to the right or that the gimbal is drifting? You will need to know which is actually happening for a more concise troubleshooting. Perhaps set it on a table/surface and shoot a video dead ahead focused on a object that is centered and see if the gimbal drifts.

If not then there is a calibration on the remote to center all sticks and wheels as it is possible that the remote isn't centered. The above post mentions a SC which you don't? But either way the calibration for remote is in App.

At this point the swipe method above isn't accurate as that controls the gimbal for each flight and is zeroed on power up...and we have no idea at this juncture if the gimbal is even involved in your issue. And no you don't just live with it. ;)

Reactions: jelarv
Swipe your finger across the SC to straighten it out.
Thanks! I tried that earlier this morning which helped but then I noticed the red drone icon on the controller screen looked like it was flying with it's nose not pointing straight forward, which I believe creates more drag. And when it came time to land, finding my location was a disorienting to me because it didn't appear the drone was headed in the direction I would expect it to go using the sticks. It's as though there's something wrong with the lens, like it's off center. I'm going to check out Repaid1's suggestion

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom