DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Cine RC Pro Controller 5D button damaged by DJI bag - good response from DJI

PeterButton

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Take care when putting your new RC Pro Controller into the DJI M3 bag.

Based on my experience, it might be best always to make sure that the screen is facing towards the back of the bag to avoid the 5D button catching on the divider to the battery slots.

In the attached photo, you'll see that the 5D button of the controller is placed exactly where the battery compartment dividers reinforce the separator for the controller.

When I took my M3 Cine for the first flight after charging and doing firmware updates, I saw that the 5D button had been pushed into the controller housing. I was unable to release and centre the button with any sort of manipulation that seemed reasonable.

I bought the M3 from the DJI store. When I contacted DJI this morning I was very impressed with their customer service. They have told me that they will replace the whole outfit.

It's disappointing that I'll have to wait for the exchange to take place but I'm encouraged with the speed and ease of resolving this with DJI. It'll help pass the time before the essential firmware updates come through! :)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    594.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.png
    2.png
    463 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.png
    3.png
    569.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.png
    4.png
    590.3 KB · Views: 36
That button was the weak link on the original SC , as there were a few posts about it. So its not the bag as much as its any bag , or hard use , its just comes off. Nice DJI knows of the issue , but they need fix that.

In the mean time , being aware that is a button prone to come off will help many.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

You know what the best option is to keep things safe? To throw away the DJI bag and use a hard case with precise foam cuts. The $320 DJI bag is the reason I didn’t want to go for the Fly More combo in the first place

You know what the best option is to keep things safe? To throw away the DJI bag and use a hard case with precise foam cuts. The $320 DJI bag is the reason I didn’t want to go for the Fly More combo in the first place
Completely agree with you - What seemed interesting and creative has become a nuisance and not very useable. Like some of the HUGE hard cases, one that I got with Autel Evo 2 Pro Rugged Kit was a behemoth of a giant, jumbo Suitcase that one woman commented buying a shoulder bag for her boyfriend to replace so he could stop looking like he was transporting a bomb! (the Autel Enterprise case is larger still, but at least has wheels and a pull out handle, lol)
While the "convertible" idea seemed interesting, it makes for a very bulky bag that you carry around the other components, straps, and backpack stuff, as well as shoulder straps for "messenger bag" setup. It adds weight and bulk - worse, apart from 3 battery pockets with a mesh flap w/ zipper, and another small zipper pouch on the cross body strap for messenger bag style, it really has NO dedicated places for charger, filters, propellers etc. Just a few large zippered areas so you end up hunting around looking like the bag swallowed your forearm. When I am feeling not very gracious about the M3's "challenges" - I start thinking DJI spent too much time and resources creating this %$*! bag, and not enough getting the kinks of of the drone. They could have been redesigning the RC-N1 to suit it's mission better by adding a few more hardware controls, maybe a small OLED for telemetry? I literally dreamed the other night that they reworked Go 4 and switched to using it instead of doubling down on the Fly crAPP. Then I woke and the nightmare resumed. LOL. It's not hopeless, but it needs so much work. What the hell have they been doing all this time? Oh.. right. The baaaag!
Its actually gawdawful. And for that they want $330 USD, or it adds some $130 to the flymore, assuming everything else is full cost. Some may like it. I am not one of them. I would MUCH rather have a Nanuk 920/925, a Pelican, GPC or even the PGYTech hard case, plus a smallish soft shoulder bag that fits the drone, 2 more batteries, RC Pro, filters and a few spare props to take on those quick trips out to grab some golden hour shots, using the hard case for travel or bigger planned flights.
I think I will try an sell it, while people still want them.

The 5-way pad on all recent DJI product is known to be fragile and prone to breaking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgoodha