DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 First impressions

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
I was flying DJI FPV for 8+ months and love it - but missed gimble and better camera - so after a month and a half of waiting - finally have an M3 - basic version - only one came and it's mine - My Preciosssss :)
First impressions:
- No single problem whatsoever for now!!! (Cross my fingers :) )
- Very, Very Quiet!
- Never-ending battery - Start at 99% 6+ minutes flight and land at 84%!!!
- Amazing main camera - Never seen something as good as this!
- D-Log assistant is missing and I cant see a thing of fine branches - so I fly in Normal - But the Great news is Normal is so good I did not even touch the footage before posting!
- Active track and PoI are working well and are made easy to use!
- try it in very windy weather (50+km/h) and some raindrops - No problems!
- Gimble FPV mode is Very nice :)

and now some suggestions
- Goggles spoiled me I get used to great visibility and fly with confidence in tight places - here on a phone screen visibility is far from it - I miss Goggles A lot!
- H (Home point) in DJI FPV Is the greatest invention and I miss it a lot!
- The auto start of filming was great with DJI FPV!
DJI PLEASE Implement those!!!!

- APAS 5 is might be good for wide areas - in tight places, it's a jumpy ride of Nervous horse :) - Bad for filming :( - Please reduce avoidance distance - or at least give us an option to reduce it!

- some green dot flares especially bad during night with many city lights :(

some examples:
Витоша дъжд и вятър - Vitosha test flight in rain and wind
More to come

Last edited:
it makes a world of difference when you get the white balance dialed in on the night time videos .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the water and light up the sky.
2021-11-20_09h10_36.png

Alex, you said normal mode is good, but have you tried grading it, what is that like?
I don't need to ;) for first time picture is perfect for me! Tryed d-log with dji lut and results are far from expected - sure with some efforts d-log with 10 bit will worth it, but for me Normal 4K 60 fps is a choice for now (5K reduces field of view - not much but does it :( )
P.s. in one of above clips i had normal vs d-log with grading comparisson

Reactions: christangey
- APAS 5 is might be good for wide areas - in tight places, it's a jumpy ride of Nervous horse :)
Interesting that you worded it this way. When squeezing between two trees near ground level, I noticed a little hop just before the craft made its way through. At the time I thought it "felt" very much like riding a skittish horse when it gets the courage to push past something that made it unsure.

Reactions: alex_markov
Interesting that you worded it this way. When squeezing between two trees near ground level, I noticed a little hop just before the craft made its way through. At the time I thought it "felt" very much like riding a skittish horse when it gets the courage to push past something that made it unsure.
This is only analogy - you do not drive it You ride it and he has his own opinion :)

Amazing, there are absolutely no color issues visible on your videos.
The camera is amazing - the whole complex - Gimble, sensor, lens, and processing (only downfall are flares - but they are nowhere near bad flares I had on EVO 2 Pro ;) )
Here today night flight in a very colorful lamps situation - Great Night filming but I think I had enough :)

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
Alex, you said normal mode is good, but have you tried grading it, what is that like?
The clip above was shot in Normal 4K 60 fps ;) and heavily processed denoise + curve (up the light) + sharpen ... Not perfect - but better than anything I did till now ;) - might be I have played enough at night for now ;) :)

Reactions: christangey
The clip above was shot in Normal 4K 60 fps ;) and heavily processed denoise + curve (up the light) + sharpen ... Not perfect - but better than anything I did till now ;) - might be I have played enough at night for now ;) :)
I was going to say the sky looked really nice so that worked, and you were not really even in a lit area so amazing.
I thought the volcano was exploding in the back. Music worked nicely.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain

Reactions: alex_markov
I was going to say the sky looked really nice so that worked, and you were not really even in a lit area so amazing.
I thought the volcano was exploding in the back. Music worked nicely.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain
I overdue denoising a bit :) ;) but overall looks good ;)

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
And found something else - M3 is a boring drone You fly and fly and get bored but baterry is lasting even more ;) :)
I got the same problem, The hard rain cannot last long enough , its all chump change now. lol I am really happy you got the M3 , you do a lot flying and you deserve it.

On top of that I can watch your vids without getting sick again. . 🤪

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the M3 in the Rain.

I got the same problem, The hard rain cannot last long enough , its all chump change now. lol I am really happy you got the M3 , you do a lot flying and you deserve it.

On top of that I can watch your vids without getting sick again. . 🤪

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly the M3 in the Rain.
You and many others, But now I spend a lot more time editing to reach viable length out of looooooooong flights :( ;)

I spoke too soon ;) today my M3 Ascend by himself with no input from me and did it very fast and high - good I was able to stop it and descend and continue mi flight with no further problems ;)

I can't edit the first post? So I'll add new findings in new posts :(
Besides gaining altitude by itself I also find piloting it a bit different and inconsistent - for example turning while maintaining a straight course slows down the M3 - something I never saw before?
And also gimble cant turn sideways as much as M2's was doing - seeing side arms and props ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots