DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Pano Mode

Lambda

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Does anyone know when the 360 Pano mode will be released?
I do a lot of aerial 360's, and even though I can do the pano manually, I generally don't have the time

After reading here that it is unlikely that DJI will release the info needed for aerial mapping, I think this was a very bad buy for me :-(

I use PTGui, and then Kuula.co for single pano, or 3DVista for full virtual tour

• Sad
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Does anyone know when the 360 Pano mode will be released?
I do a lot of aerial 360's, and even though I can do the pano manually, I generally don't have the time

After reading here that it is unlikely that DJI will release the info needed for aerial mapping, I think this was a very bad buy for me :-(

I use PTGui, and then Kuula.co for single pano, or 3DVista for full virtual tour
The more and more I see that DJI won’t do this or that I really wish DJI would comment or give us something to make future owners (like myself) more comfortable with spending $3000. As of right now I’m not going to jump on the Mavic 3 bandwagon because of all these things I keep hearing.

I am tempted to buy the Air 2S with the Pro RC instead just not sure if it’s a good buy right now or not.

Reactions: flippnbits
The more and more I see that DJI won’t do this or that I really wish DJI would comment or give us something to make future owners (like myself) more comfortable with spending $3000. As of right now I’m not going to jump on the Mavic 3 bandwagon because of all these things I keep hearing.

I am tempted to buy the Air 2S with the Pro RC instead just not sure if it’s a good buy right now or not.
I agree. I'm about to sell the M3, even at the risk of losing $$, and buying something else.
I mainly do aerial mapping and 360 pano's, so this is a really bad option for me

I agree. I'm about to sell the M3, even at the risk of losing $$, and buying something else.
I mainly do aerial mapping and 360 pano's, so this is a really bad option for me
I HAVE A SUSPICION THAT THE AUTEL EVO 3 SERIES OF DRONES WILL BE A VERY CLOSE COMPETITOR TO THE MAV 3. The EVO3 drones they are making , I suspect, may empress us all. I bought the Mavic three, but depending on the reviews of this Autel Evo 3 series, I may be putting up it for sale. Hower, the flight characteristics, speed, battery life of the m3 and it's tele camera are quite impressive and usefull for the things I do with it. I'm glad to see autel has not rushed their products to market.

I also own the M3. I will put it on Ebay , if Autel's EVO3 series drones deliver what they promise. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Lambda
I HAVE A SUSPICION THAT THE AUTEL EVO 3 SERIES OF DRONES WILL BE A VERY CLOSE COMPETITOR TO THE MAV 3. The EVO3 drones they are making , I suspect, may empress us all. I bought the Mavic three, but depending on the reviews of this Autel Evo 3 series, I may be putting up it for sale. Hower, the flight characteristics, speed, battery life of the m3 and it's tele camera are quite impressive and usefull for the things I do with it. I'm glad to see autel has not rushed their products to market.
Do we have an eta for the Autel 3 by chance, 2022?

All I have heard, is this year. That's why I bought the Mavic 3. I couldn't resist the the drones flight specs, speed and flight time. So I sold my EVO2 6 K on ebay and used that money for the mavic 3. My only dissapointment is the Mavic 3's main camera is not nearly as clear and detailed as the evo2 6k. The tele cam compensates in a way. I like it more than I thought I would. But, I have to say, the mavic three's flight capabilities are astonishing.

No,
All I have heard, is this year. That's why I bought the Mavic 3. I couldn't resist the the drones flight specs, speed and flight time. So I sold my EVO2 6 K on ebay and used that money for the mavic 3. My only dissapointment is the Mavic 3's main camera is not nearly as clear and detailed as the evo2 6k. The tele cam compensates in a way. I like it more than I thought I would. But, I have to say, the mavic three's flight capabilities are astonishing.
I even like the mP2 camera, but when I run images through Topaz sharpen, I always get the message saying the image is very blurry. Topaz fixes this to a certain extent. I do a bit of power pole photograpohy, so this is very close proximity flying, in strong wind, sometimes even a bit of rain. I never had any issue with the MP2, and the photos are very good, but I bought the M3 for the longer flight time, not thinking that some of the features wouldn't be available, especially mapping

No,

I even like the mP2 camera, but when I run images through Topaz sharpen, I always get the message saying the image is very blurry. Topaz fixes this to a certain extent. I do a bit of power pole photograpohy, so this is very close proximity flying, in strong wind, sometimes even a bit of rain. I never had any issue with the MP2, and the photos are very good, but I bought the M3 for the longer flight time, not thinking that some of the features wouldn't be available, especially mapping
I can't imaging DJI not adding these features as time progresses. I think they just wanted to get the drone out for sale for the holidays. I'm sure these other bells and wistles will be coming in the next 3-4 months at the latest. If not, many of us will be severely disappointed.

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
No,

I would imagine the M3 can get its zoom lens some legwork getting closer to the poles visually but not physically.

I would imagine the M3 can get its zoom lens some legwork getting closer to the poles visually but not physically.
I used the M3's tele lens to perform a practice inspection of a 600ft radio tower, secured with numerous high strength cables to the ground. I was amazed how well the images and video turned out of the stress points, where the cables attached to the tower. I could see the paint and every single cut wire at the end of the cable loop. I believe the M3 will make any inspectors day alot easier.

I used the M3's tele lens to perform a practice inspection of a 600ft radio tower, secured with numerous high strength cables to the ground. I was amazed how well the images and video turned out of the stress points, where the cables attached to the tower. I could see the paint and every single cut wire at the end of the cable loop. I believe the M3 will make any inspectors day alot easier.
Wow do you have a video clip of this inspection? That sounds pretty sweet!

Wow do you have a video clip of this inspection? That sounds pretty sweet!
I've deleted the footage since, but the tower(s) are close by my home. I'll try flying out there tomorrow and take some example photos and video and post them. I love the tele lens for this kind of thing, because, I can stay safely away from the support cables. It amazes me how large all the cables, lights, and radio equipment fixtures really are. By the way, I didn't find an ounce of rust anywhere on the tower. They keep them very well maintained.

I can't imaging DJI not adding these features as time progresses. I think they just wanted to get the drone out for sale for the holidays. I'm sure these other bells and wistles will be coming in the next 3-4 months at the latest. If not, many of us will be severely disappointed.
I'll be surprised if they don't add it as well but it seems an odd omission as I've have thought it's a pretty simple function to implement compared to something like Activetrack.

Reactions: Lambda
Maxwell Lee, general manager of Autel Robotics USA, recently said that we may see the EVO 3 late this year. I would take that to mean not before Christmas 2022 at the least.

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
Sorry, I misread this thread title and was just about to say

'Oh no it isn't'
🤣

The low-quality optics of the Mavic 3 require a lot of correction when you take a single photo. In the case of the pano 360, this may be the main reason DJI does not want to implement this feature on the M3. The software is not able to put together such photos, which need to be properly corrected to achieve a useful pano 360

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61