DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3 Pricing supposedly leaked.

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions

DJI Mini 3 pricing​

The DJI Mini 3 is expected to come in two versions, the DJI Mini 3 and the DJI Mini 3 Pro. The Pro model will be considerably more expensive and is rumored to come with a 1-inch sensor.

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Obviously too many improvements, then DJI are going to bust the 250g ?
To enable a better / larger / heavier camera, more features / sensors, whatever . . .
Even with more advanced / available lightweight materials over what's already used in the minis, you would think it almost impossible to do.

Reactions: Droniac
What is +DJI RC on the model listings? Is that saying the other kits have NO CONTROLLER or the controller will be the cell phone software only by WiFI? Couldn't be the "Pro" as that is way more expensive than the kit price,

my biggest issue in even thinking about the mini 3 is do I have to wait 9 months for the **** thing to be good and what I payed for. I returned the m3 and now im just trying to figure out what the smart move is... sitting on a air2.. wish I had the air2s and would probably be happier.. miss that camera on the m3... but man being a beta flyer for 5 months really pissed me off on the m3.. I would love a mini3 that could take some wind but I just doubt it...

I personally feel DJI will release all their future offerings in consumer drones without proper beta testing, or fully featured as they advertise . . . and heck yeah as seen with the M3 / M3 Cine, even the Prosumer drones.

My M1P was released late 2016, I didn't get mine until into 2017, so can't say what it was like on release, but I found it worked pretty much flawlessly, all features worked, and it's been a strong drone ever since.

Likewise, my Spark released sometime in 2017 didn't need months of waiting for features / upgrades.

From what I can guess, this would be down to DJI simply having so much of the market, and the market has grown incredibly in recent years, they just find it hard to get a drone ready for market, and keep up with the huge supply / warranty type follow ups etc.
There is always pressure to release new and better drones too, not so much to do with almost non existent competition, but more to do with keeping the market fresh from their perspective.

They want large, medium, and small drone markets, then there is the camera range for pro drones, land based drones, handheld gimbals, action cams.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they released an AUV sometime soon.

DJI seem to be spreading themselves thinly, so everything other than range will probably suffer to some degree.

I can only assume they don't / wouldn't do this with their top end drones like the Matrice and Agras etc, those must be almost totally perfect on release, or their names in the pro market would be muddied pretty quickly.

I personally feel DJI will release all their future offerings in consumer drones without proper beta testing, or fully featured as they advertise . . . and heck yeah as seen with the M3 / M3 Cine, even the Prosumer drones.

My M1P was released late 2016, I didn't get mine until into 2017, so can't say what it was like on release, but I found it worked pretty much flawlessly, all features worked, and it's been a strong drone ever since.

Likewise, my Spark released sometime in 2017 didn't need months of waiting for features / upgrades.

From what I can guess, this would be down to DJI simply having so much of the market, and the market has grown incredibly in recent years, they just find it hard to get a drone ready for market, and keep up with the huge supply / warranty type follow ups etc.
There is always pressure to release new and better drones too, not so much to do with almost non existent competition, but more to do with keeping the market fresh from their perspective.

They want large, medium, and small drone markets, then there is the camera range for pro drones, land based drones, handheld gimbals, action cams.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they released an AUV sometime soon.

DJI seem to be spreading themselves thinly, so everything other than range will probably suffer to some degree.

I can only assume they don't / wouldn't do this with their top end drones like the Matrice and Agras etc, those must be almost totally perfect on release, or their names in the pro market would be muddied pretty quickly.
I would of thought this as well, but the M3 issues.... for price... I cant understand.... I just keep coming back to this scene in History of Violence for the release. Doesn't give me much faith in lower end price point drones with them anymore...

We shall see, I need a better camera on what I got so will be looking more and more.

To enable a better / larger / heavier camera, more features / sensors, whatever . . .
Even with more advanced / available lightweight materials over what's already used in the minis, you would think it almost impossible to do.
I kinda think your right.Going to take a guess and say that if the mini 3 comes out in two models,one will
have a 1/2 inch sensor,and the other will have a little larger 1/1.3 or so just like the Autel nano and nano+.
I hope I am wrong and it is a 1" sensor,but I just do not see that happening.

I would of thought this as well, but the M3 issues.... for price... I cant understand.... I just keep coming back to this scene in History of Violence for the release. Doesn't give me much faith in lower end price point drones with them anymore...

We shall see, I need a better camera on what I got so will be looking more and more.

The bloke with the gun, even he mucked that up, lol.

I think we've seen the last of cheap-ish DJI drones, but still they are the best of what's out there, especially for photography.
For video, FPV style drones with good action cams are as good, if not better, many now with RTH, GPS features / flight stabilisation, and the action cams are great for cinematic video . . . no gimbal, but what they do is amazing, and they don't break as readily if crashed.

For stills though, DJI will have it wrapped up for a long time, especially now with the Hasselblad relationship.

Going to take a guess and say that if the mini 3 comes out in two models,one will
have a 1/2 inch sensor,and the other will have a little larger 1/1.3 or so

Could be right re the 1/1.3, I was reading an old article recently about a proposed Spark 2 drone, waaay back . . . that was mooted for that size sensor.
Autel did well with both the nano and nano + to keep it at 249g, not sure how they did it with the sensors etc that it has.
Time will tell what DJI choose to do, but the 259g threshold seems pushed to the limit now.

Reactions: Droniac and Faster
The bloke with the gun, even he mucked that up, lol.

I think we've seen the last of cheap-ish DJI drones, but still they are the best of what's out there, especially for photography.
For video, FPV style drones with good action cams are as good, if not better, many now with RTH, GPS features / flight stabilisation, and the action cams are great for cinematic video . . . no gimbal, but what they do is amazing, and they don't break as readily if crashed.

For stills though, DJI will have it wrapped up for a long time, especially now with the Hasselblad relationship.
lol, yah it was more so the catch phrase that cant be repeated in here.

I fly FPV as well, im starting to think I would just like a drone geared for photography (yet again I enjoy the video aspects as well). And I agree that camera on the m3 with Hasselblad was great.

Think the best thing for all of us is more competition (and less regulation or at least no more).

mini 3 will be interesting, see how it plays out... tell me it works with fpv version 2 goggles and I would be sold lol. (spotter of course).

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Perhaps the Std will be under 250 g, but the Pro will have more features, and be over 250 g?

That might be a good answer if it turns out to be true.

MM

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Perhaps the Std will be under 250 g, but the Pro will have more features, and be over 250 g?

That might be a good answer if it turns out to be true.

MM
It's always a possibility but very improbable. As of today the main and most important characteristic of the Mini line has been weighing <250g.

Reactions: Droniac
What is +DJI RC on the model listings? Is that saying the other kits have NO CONTROLLER or the controller will be the cell phone software only by WiFI? Couldn't be the "Pro" as that is way more expensive than the kit price,

From the leaked picture of a box, it appears that this could be a different version of an SC/ RC Pro type remote. Standard should come with the standard remote.

It's always a possibility but very improbable. As of today the main and most important characteristic of the Mini line has been weighing <250g.
Perhaps true, but as a practical matter, the 250 g limit is essentially irrelevant in the USA.

If the Pro version of the Mini-3 weighs 350 g, and has no nannyisms, which are also irrelevant in the USA, I'd buy one even if there was a price penalty for the USA-only version.

Or maybe, DJI should design one particularly for this purpose, maybe call it the USA MAX, or some such thing.

What would be the production cost penalty for doing this? It depends on the size of the USA market for such a beast (hint: I'd buy one), and how DJI makes their drones. If the manufacturing process is highly automated, and makes heavy use of robotics and 3D printing, the manufacturing cost penalty wouldn't be that high. Just reprogram one of the production lines, crank out a bunch of the USA MAX drones, and then switch it back to whatever it was making before. I ran a small state-of-the art chip fab for a while, and we could make any number of products on the same production line. And that was 40 years ago.

If I was designing the USA MAX, I'd also completely lose the folding legs. Most Americans have cars that can easily carry a slightly larger drone case, and very few Americans schlep stuff around on bicycles these days. And if someone wants folding, they could always get a conventional Mini-X for that purpose.

If DJI is interested, I'd be happy to be part of the design and development team for the DJI USA MAX. Or alternatively, a lot of Americans would like to see an American alternative to DJI.

Whatever works, count me in!

1649789200587.png

MM

Or maybe, DJI should design one particularly for this purpose, maybe call it the USA MAX, or some such thing.

It's not only the production price variance, but also the additional cost/ headache of having another SKU to provide support on. They already pretty much suck at support, but another product variation with such a difference in features would only make it worse. That being said, they don't appear to care about the support side of things, so my guess is that if there was a market for what you are asking for, they would have catered to it already.

Perhaps true, but as a practical matter, the 250 g limit is essentially irrelevant in the USA.

If the Pro version of the Mini-3 weighs 350 g, and has no nannyisms, which are also irrelevant in the USA, I'd buy one even if there was a price penalty for the USA-only version.

What would be the production cost penalty for doing this? It depends on the size of the USA market for such a beast (hint: I'd buy one), and how DJI makes their drones. If the manufacturing process is highly automated, and makes heavy use of robotics and 3D printing, the manufacturing cost penalty wouldn't be that high. Just reprogram one of the production lines, crank out a bunch of the USA MAX drones, and then switch it back to whatever it was making before. I ran a small state-of-the art chip fab for a while, and we could make any number of products on the same production line. And that was 40 years ago.

If I was designing the USA MAX, I'd also completely lose the folding legs. Most Americans have cars that can easily carry a slightly larger drone case, and very few Americans schlep stuff around on bicycles these days. And if someone wants folding, they could always get a conventional Mini-X for that purpose.

If DJI is interested, I'd be happy to be part of the design and development team for the DJI USA MAX. Or alternatively, a lot of Americans would like to see an American alternative to DJI.

Whatever works, count me in!

View attachment 146660

MM
I think it is relevant. 99% of USA Mini owners do not want to register their drones. I don't care as I register all my drones but that's just me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent