DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

M3C video files

kodiak

Reactions
Hello all.

Long time DJI user but totally new to the Mavic 3. From what I can tell it seems when recording ProRes there are only files written to the SSD. No H.26x files are written to the mSD card. Would just to confirm with others they have noticed the same. It's fine but it is different from the I2 which records to both the SSD and mSD. In fact, it must record to the mSD or it won't record to the SSD. Crazy DJI workflow...

I didn't think the cine even had the ability to write to a mSD card...

Yeah, the slot is in the exact same place under the USB-C socket. If you don't enable the SSD it does record to the mSD card.

Discovered that it's only one or the other as selected in the camera settings. Unlike an I2 you can operate a M3C and record to the SSD without even having a mSD card installed in the machine.

Then why are people complaining about the SSD being non-removable. Just use a 1TB mSD card if you want that storage amount and forget about the on-board SSD.

Then why are people complaining about the SSD being non-removable. Just use a 1TB mSD card if you want that storage amount and forget about the on-board SSD.
I think becuase if you want ProRes, it can only record to the SSD becuase of the data rate. If you set the recording format to be 264 or 265 and select SD card it'll record there. But when you select ProRes, the SD option goes away.

I'm really hoping that in the future, they off all three levels of ProRes, like the Atomos does. I do not need 422 HQ, I'd rather have 422 or even 422LT. At 422LT the data rate should be low enough you can record to an SD card.

I think becuase if you want ProRes, it can only record to the SSD becuase of the data rate. If you set the recording format to be 264 or 265 and select SD card it'll record there. But when you select ProRes, the SD option goes away.

I'm really hoping that in the future, they off all three levels of ProRes, like the Atomos does. I do not need 422 HQ, I'd rather have 422 or even 422LT. At 422LT the data rate should be low enough you can record to an SD card.
I wonder sometimes how late in the development cycle real pro users are consulted. I didn't realize the prores could not be saved to the external card. Other options, as you mention, that could be used on a card should be made available but it was a real blunder to make the SSD non-removeable, I think. I almost chose to not get the M3 due to the crippled nature of the tele lens not being able to shoot cine or raw files. I hope when the M4 comes out we will hear, "this is the drone that the M3 -should- have been". DJI certainly has gotten a -lot- of feedback.

If you want a removable SSD, just wait a little bit, the Inspire 3 will be here before you know it!!

The internal SSD in the M3Cine is just to whet our appetite for the I3 release...

I wonder sometimes how late in the development cycle real pro users are consulted. I didn't realize the prores could not be saved to the external card. Other options, as you mention, that could be used on a card should be made available but it was a real blunder to make the SSD non-removeable, I think. I almost chose to not get the M3 due to the crippled nature of the tele lens not being able to shoot cine or raw files. I hope when the M4 comes out we will hear, "this is the drone that the M3 -should- have been". DJI certainly has gotten a -lot- of feedback.

From the rumor mill the I3 sounds like it might be pretty big. The I2 is pretty much the perfect size. If the I3 is a lot larger, which it likely would be in order to lift a FF sensor on something like an X9 or P1 form factor, those of us who already have heavy lift systems might just skip it. Obviously we'll have to see how it all shakes out.

And, yeah, it is weird af and a pretty horrible workflow having to plug in the M3 directly to get the bits off the SSD. A removable drive would have been great. In my I2 fleet I have six 480 cards and three 240 cards- would have been sweet to be able to repurpose those. Those DJI SSD's are solid gold now too! LOL

I do hope DJI makes a future firmware change where the M3 LEDs don't light up when connected to a host computer via USB-C. Or at the very least dim them significantly.

New M3C user trying to do file xfer from M3 SSD to W10 or ipad. Tried Bluetooth xfer from RC Pro to Windows with intermittent results. Tried direct connect from M3 to W10 laptop with DJI highspeed low drag cable. Hear dings but no connect. Have used SD card to physical card reader to W10 but very slow.
Also able to connect RC Pro to M3 the activate USB on controller then plug in cable and xfer to w10. AC at latest level and RC Pro was updated via DJI assistant consumer to 500 level and hopefully installed latest drivers if needed.
Any suggestions appreciated

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest